sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by snigmac View Post
    Does anyone know if Sky get exclusive access to the Game of Thones prequel or is this included in the HBO deal that was signed already?
    On this one, you mean?

https://www.ign.com/articles/game-of...llars-on-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    I believe the prequel is called House of the Dragon... It looks really good.
    Last edited by snigmac; 11-01-2022 at 12:21 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by snigmac View Post
    I believe the prequel is called House of the Dragon... It looks really good.
    If it’s HBO/HBO MAX sky will have it.

If it’s HBO/HBO MAX sky will have it.
    This could be quite positive for Sky if they have exclusive access in NZ. From memory, people signed up to Neon previously just for Game of Thrones.
    Last edited by snigmac; 11-01-2022 at 02:43 PM.

Bizarre - I would have thought that sending of routers was handled by a largely automated process at the Orcon end. You should follow up though...not sure what your existing router is, but the Sky/Orcon routers use wifi6 tech and the speeds/quality are noticeably different if you are coming off a wifi5 router.Yes it is a good deal. Essentially getting 300Mbs fibre + Sky Starter for $95/month. Not bad considering this is based on a wholesale deal. If our Board got their act together and organised a M&A deal with the owners of Orcon (and soon to be 2D) those bundle prices could come down further. They could probably offer that same deal for $85/month and still make money. Big growth opportunities for the business and wonderful for the consumer.I opted for the 900/400Mbs plan...an extra 33c/day for ultra fast seemed like a no brainer to me. Though at the time the $69/month plan was for 100Mbs and I agree that 300Mbs downloads is plenty fast for streaming.
    Yup the router situation was quite bizarre, I definitely got the impression that my volunteering to use my router affected things. However I have a very new ASUS Wifi 6 router so I doubt the Sky one would be much/any better. Definitely a good deal overall though.

SP on the way up again, seems like a classic dump and pump scheme. Should reac $2.70 early next week unless they read this post and decide to cool it.

yeah, great for day traders...I'm done topping up so will just sit back and watch the show going forward

Has anyone got access to the full article below in today's Herald?
    HBO Max tries to close gap with Netflix and Disney in streaming wars

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mikelee View Post
    Has anyone got access to the full article below in today's Herald?
    HBO Max tries to close gap with Netflix and Disney in streaming wars
    They are up to about 74M HBO MAX subs now...but many of those subs are freebies given to their cable subs. So it is a bit murky.

But they are doing well.

Still a distant third to NETFLIX and Disney+ though.

They would also ultimately like to launch their HBO MAX service in the UK too...but can't due to their contract with Sky. A relationship that is very valuable to them.

Advanced Member

They are up to about 74M HBO MAX subs now...but many of those subs are freebies given to their cable subs. So it is a bit murky.

But they are doing well.

Still a distant third to NETFLIX and Disney+ though.

They would also ultimately like to launch their HBO MAX service in the UK too...but can't due to their contract with Sky. A relationship that is very valuable to them.
    It an improper comparison in my opinion - HBO effectively has hundreds of millions of viewers internationally through other content aggregators (like Sky in NZ) that aren’t included in their subscriber stats.