sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by snigmac View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if we see Neon and Sky sales increase with all the people that will need to self isolate and WFH.
    So long as we keep the STB base stabilised then the growth in streaming subs is a good news story.

I want to see them offer broadband with NEON and SSN to increase revenue from those subs and make them sticker.

Guru

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...UIWNEJQNKACQU/

Some decent upside potential for Sky Broadband.

Guru

https://www.nbr.co.nz/node/233168

Brian Han from Morningstar has commented on merger possibilities with Orcon/2D.

Though he thinks someone else (PE) may have a go first with a view that they could sell the business to someone like Orcon/2D down the track for a premium...

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post

Though he thinks someone else (PE) may have a go first with a view that they could sell the business to someone like Orcon/2D down the track for a premium...
    My spidey senses are tingling... pure speculation, but each day that passes with pitiful volume increases my belief that talks are happening with major holders.

February will be the month that makes or breaks SKT. We have all known this... It's either that SKT will climb to 6-800m market cap or slowly whither away.

... have power to make you great

SKT trending higher though just one persons opinion

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by snigmac View Post
    February will be the month that makes or breaks SKT. We have all known this... It's either that SKT will climb to 6-800m market cap or slowly whither away.
    In an ideal situation, the cash pile could all be used on growth initiatives.

Transform the business, lift EPS, lift the PE multiple (which will happen if confidence is restored) and see large gains in market cap.

But that requires a Board with vision.

We should be able to make a meaningful acquisition using our cash and balance sheet.

Buybacks are great only if the SP is low AND there are no good growth opportunities for the cash. At that point cannibalising our stock is ideal.

Dividends way down the list (or should be anyway). That should only happen if all other possibilities have been exhausted.

Feb 24 will show us just how shareholder-oriented these guys are. They claim to have our best interests at heart, so let’s see.

Guru

"Approached for comment today, a Sky spokesperson said the company would make no comment on the speculation."

In the past, when M&A events have been speculated on...yet nothing was in fact in the works...Sky tended to have a lot more to say to journalists.

I think it is very interesting that this time they have just given a clipped "no comment" answer to Dita.

"Approached for comment today, a Sky spokesperson said the company would make no comment on the speculation."

In the past, when M&A events have been speculated on...yet nothing was in fact in the works...Sky tended to have a lot more to say to journalists.

I think it is very interesting that this time they have just given a clipped "no comment" answer to Dita.
    Not even the usual line of saying Jarden is in place to assess a range of options.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    Not even the usual line of saying Jarden is in place to assess a range of options.
    Exactly, normally we would get something along the lines of "We cannot comment on market speculation however note as per our previous comments that we are open to partnerships and continue to work with Jarden to assess any opportunities that may present".

Just: no comment.

If I had to bet on it...I would say PE are going to have another go before Orcon/2D. Purely due to timing.

Orcon/2D have to get their own merger over the line first. If MIRA/Aware Super tried to move quickly to grab Sky now...it would be a complicating factor in the deal they are already getting through. They will only get regulatory clearance for Orcon/2D in March...so the deal will finalise in April, or maybe May.

That gives a window of opportunity for PE to get a deal done before they have competition.

In any case, Sky shareholders are sitting pretty. If PE make another low ball offer, the Board will reject it (again) and we will get our buybacks and divvys. That will support the SP and help future negotiations.

If they do make a good offer (I am thinking the EV needs to be at !$600M given the significant cash pile). That would generate a sale price of $650-$700M ($3.70 - $4 per share) then shareholders get certainty sooner.

Anything less than that and we are better off continuing as we are, tak the "lolly scramble" in Feb 24 and then work on a better deal.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 28-01-2022 at 09:13 AM.