sharetrader

Completely agree with you. Volume dropped off notably on 17th of Jan, when all fund managers were back. This is notable as the weeks before then should have been much lower volume than that period due to holidays. On market action has just looked like retail and ETF flows.

I reckon there's a very good chance someone has been in serious talks with Sky and major holders trying to agree on a price from 17th of Jan. If this is the case then any announcement would be imminent (and certainly before results).

Note: this is my own opinion and is pure speculation. It should not be considered any reason to buy, hold or sell.

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    Can I get you to expand on your thoughts here? the volume not being funds under management, why is that an indicator of serious talks? on the surface of it it could just mean funds are neither buying or selling. Have you seen this in the past? Genuinely interested in your thoughts?
    It could most certainly simply mean that major holders are happy with their current positions and simply have no requirement to trade. However it stands out to me that volume has dropped off whilst the rest of the market has become extremely volatile with high volumes. That is unusual, which in my view increases the odds that something is going on behind the scenes (i.e. funds would not be able to buy or sell if there are confidential talks underway).

Just to fuel the rumours..

Just received an email from 2degrees offering a ‘2degrees perk’ of 6 months of SkySportNow at 20% off - $31.99/month.

Guess they’re still friends, anyway.

Just seen the big posters in my local mall advertising this outside the 2Degrees store. Free advertising for Sky. Great move

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    Yes, you are right. Considering there are overseas funds that hold, given the offshore volatilty and unwinding of positions around the globe, it does strike me as odd now that you mention it.
    Easy imo to conflate all sorts of things, reality might be more simple like big holders are happy with their positions leading into reporting. Some smaller holders might be happy to wait as well. Volume falls away.

Is any one else having trouble with Neon casting, since I updated to the latest version to my phone, the movies pauses for a few seconds every 3 to 5 mins.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by waikare View Post
    Is any one else having trouble with Neon casting, since I updated to the latest version to my phone, the movies pauses for a few seconds every 3 to 5 mins.
    NEON is the gift that keeps on giving for technical issues.

Guru

Mortal Kombat now streaming on NEON…

Ahhh, the fight scenes remind me of the punch ups I used to have in Shadows during my Uni days.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Mortal Kombat now streaming on NEON…

Ahhh, the fight scenes remind me of the punch ups I used to have in Shadows during my Uni days.
    Neon, one of the only places to also watch all of Game of Thrones.
    Last edited by snigmac; 31-01-2022 at 07:55 AM.

Surely if a T/O offer is coming it will be in the next two weeks? Once the capital management plan/policy is announced and the share price jumps a T/O offer needs to be that much higher to be successful. If someone’s going to make a move it’s now or never? Buckle up it could be an interesting couple of weeks!