sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/127...-of-sd-viewing

I didn't actually realise you could only get SD if you use a Freeview box.

Sky has been HD for a while now and the new Oprus satellie will allow 4K and 8K...
    Yes...bloody annoying and was a shock for us when we moved North. But Freeview via aerial was HD when we were in Auckland.
    But that service not available up here.
    Last edited by RTM; 14-02-2022 at 09:04 AM.

Guru

https://www.mediaweek.com.au/sam-nei...nd-on-socials/

B@stards at Foxtel got to Sam before us

Video for the ad here on linkedin.

Will be interesting to see how we market our new STB.

Pilot group should start soon with a full launch by mid year if Sophie's comments are anything to go by.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 15-02-2022 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Yes...bloody annoying and was a shock for us when we moved North. But Freeview via aerial was HD when we were in Auckland.
    But that service not available up here.
    Just to clarify you can get HD free view if using the right free view box and theold school sky aerial. Yes the satalite dish is only SD

Have you consulted the freeview terrestrial coverage maps on freeviewnz.tv?

Marginal reception areas can be enhanced with high gain aerials, pre amplifiers and RG6 cable leads.

There will be someone local who has tried and succeeded/failed to get Freeview terrestrial who can advise.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

PS Chopping down a tree which blocks your line of sight to the transmitter can sometimes help.
    Last edited by Marilyn Munroe; 15-02-2022 at 04:39 AM. Reason: PS added + removed vervosity
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Guru

https://www.nbr.co.nz/story/ma-perfe...inue-over-2022

NZ expected to remain red hot this year in terms of M&A activity...MinterWllisonRuddWatts...

Public markets
    Looking on the public side of the market, might the aforementioned supply of capital through global private equity players result in more NZX-listed businesses being taken private?

“We have such a small public market here in New Zealand so it's not hard to form a trend,” said Millar. “Could there be some take-privates? I think that there could be, I think there'd be a few assets trading right now where they could be very viable, and take-privates could come out of that.”
    However, for private company investors looking for an exit, a private sale is currently much more attractive than an IPO.
    “It's hard to see sellers picking the IPO route over the private route at the moment.”

I think this points to any deals with Sky being a straight buyout. Offer $x per share to take the business private (as opposed to using Sky's shares as currency to do a merger and remain a listed business. Just easier/cleaner to take Sky off the NZX/ASX).
    Last edited by mistaTea; 15-02-2022 at 09:22 AM. Reason: more context

Advanced Member

Just reading through the Infratil investor day material. In the Vodafone deck they mention they are in advanced stages of preparing a possible separation of the tower component of its mobile network. That is the “passive” assets (the towers and tower sites themselves) of the network into a new company that will enable other companies to install their own mobile network equipment on the towers.

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...270/364500.pdf

F388438E-5A3C-4681-9E2D-8FC14C40FC24.jpg

Edit to add: Not sure this is really relevant to Sky, as anyone that wanted to build out a new network would not only have to install their own network equipment but also of course would need its own spectrum rights which Sky doesn’t have. Really this is more for 2 Degrees & Spark to use if they wanted.
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 15-02-2022 at 10:26 AM.

Come on results day. Cant wait. I feel apart from financials, some strategy for the future will be announced.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    Just reading through the Infratil investor day material. In the Vodafone deck they mention they are in advanced stages of preparing a possible separation of the tower component of its mobile network. That is the “passive” assets (the towers and tower sites themselves) of the network into a new company that will enable other companies to install their own mobile network equipment on the towers.

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...270/364500.pdf

F388438E-5A3C-4681-9E2D-8FC14C40FC24.jpg

Edit to add: Not sure this is really relevant to Sky, as anyone that wanted to build out a new network would not only have to install their own network equipment but also of course would need its own spectrum rights which Sky doesn’t have. Really this is more for 2 Degrees & Spark to use if they wanted.
    One way or another, Sky will enter mobile.

But I can't see them making the CAPEX required to install their own kit on Vodafone's towers.

In the absence of a takeover by 2D, the more likely scenario for Sky is to do a wholesale mobile deal like they have for broadband. I think 2D is the logical partner given their relationship with Orcon...but I did say a while back that I believe Vodafone would fight hard for the business.

Great for Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    Funnily enough the most likely scenario plays out most of the time . Also full disclosure I didn't sell my swing trade position at that level with the expectation of adding again lower as I believe the risk of not holding that position overnight is too great. Very happy to sit and wait on this one (which is very unusual for me).

Just like the drop from $2.75 to $2.35 was very healthy weekly consolidation, the drop from $2.75 to the $2.60-$2.65 region is very healthy daily consolidation (in that whole run up we never changed the daily trend). Ideal scenario is a daily bullflag forming here, so that a daily and weekly bullflag breaks at the same time (i.e. most catalyst for momentum upwards). If I had to guess again, I'd say we hold this $2.60-$2.65 level for 2-3 days to allow the daily EMA12 to catch up, then we're off to the races. However price action is low volume, weird trading and potentially news driven, so probabilities around technicals are less clear imo.

If I didn't already have a position I would certainly be scouting one right here.
    Well that daily bullflag most certainly didn't play out! The size of this drop and lowish volume suggests an equilibrium will most likely form, so we are looking for a daily higher low above $2.35. We would then expected to trade in that range and tighten up until it breaks out (in either direction). Looks like buy volume has appeared at the $2.45 level so we may see the daily higher low set here.

Anyway, this is all just noise until results / news on the 24th (unless unusually large volume starts being traded).

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    Well that daily bullflag most certainly didn't play out! The size of this drop and lowish volume suggests an equilibrium will most likely form, so we are looking for a daily higher low above $2.35. We would then expected to trade in that range and tighten up until it breaks out (in either direction). Looks like buy volume has appeared at the $2.45 level so we may see the daily higher low set here.

Anyway, this is all just noise until results / news on the 24th (unless unusually large volume starts being traded).
    You promised us all overnight riches stallion!!

We are all VERY upset with you right now…