sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    You promised us all overnight riches stallion!!

We are all VERY upset with you right now…
    Remind me to promise you overnight riches on the 23rd.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    Remind me to promise you overnight riches on the 23rd.
    Then all will be forgiven…

Anyone know how much of the call centre they let go? Wait times have become a joke that it's not worthwhile to even bother calling. They used to be quite good, so I'm assuming this has resulted in some decent $$$ savings.
    BTC went to $69K and now $16K. Good thing I’ve been warning you since it was $3K! I was right!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Anyone know how much of the call centre they let go? Wait times have become a joke that it's not worthwhile to even bother calling. They used to be quite good, so I'm assuming this has resulted in some decent $$$ savings.
    Maybe staffing levels are normal but they are just inundated with New Business enquiries… 🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Maybe staffing levels are normal but they are just inundated with New Business enquiries… 🤣🤣🤣
    na , they are all doing mahi from their whares now so it takes awhile to get through

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    na , they are all doing mahi from their whares now so it takes awhile to get through
    They are probably all on rostered time off to have te Reo lessons as mandated by Sophie…

I doubt that many cuzzies pay for our service but hey! It’s all about the aroha baby…

Must say I was quite surprised too when I see the closing SP this morning. I only checked once yesterday and it was $2.59 at the time. Maybe this is all part of the global trend where the market is over reacting to Ukrain. However, I personally don't quite get why high oil prices should have any significant impact on SKT.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mikelee View Post
    Must say I was quite surprised too when I see the closing SP this morning. I only checked once yesterday and it was $2.59 at the time. Maybe this is all part of the global trend where the market is over reacting to Ukrain. However, I personally don't quite get why high oil prices should have any significant impact on SKT.
    Ultimately, all things that are inflationary can put pressure on people’s discretionary spend.

That can make it more likely that people will cut back on or ditch things like sky tv altogether.

But I suspect Sky is just following the overall market trends down.

Guru

https://www.nbr.co.nz/story/vodafone...le-preparation

Our mate at Vodafone has given the Orcon/2D merger his blessing.

Paris also described the telco market as “competitive but sensible”, saying he welcomed the merger of Two Degrees and Vocus/Orcon.
    “We expect the merger to ensure competitive intensity is there but we don’t expect too many changes in our own strategy,” he said.

Someone that used to work at the commerce commission told me that the commission used to be in bed with spark and they had a revolving door where people that worked at the commission ended getting jobs and moving to spark. The commission was easy on Spark whereas he said that there were a lot of enquiries done on Vodafone by the commission. That bias towards Vodafone and preferential treatment towards spark was what probably caused the failed voda/sky merger.