sharetrader
    Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Premier League to Sky....

Sky secures exclusive Premier League football rights in NZ - NZX, New Zealand’s Exchange

Welly Phoenix even get a mention in the release....
    Well done Sophie and team. They're going from strength to strength, making compelling case for some sort of corporate activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    Spark sport are on the brink of capitulation. Spark wont tolerate their loss leader for much longer. I don't think Spark even bothered bidding for the football rights.
    I've had a look through the Spark Sport app since I'm taking advantage of their 7 day free trial to watch the cricket while I "work" from home and can see they have bugger all sports. They get the home games only for the cricket, Formula 1, EPL until Sky take that back and a lot of highlights/old games from other sports like NFL and NBA. Basically, if you're an F1 fan or want to pay to watch a handful of Blackcaps games, is there any reason to subscribe?

IMO

I wonder how many people have stopped watching cricket altogether since Sparks arrival on the scene, me for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I wonder how many people have stopped watching cricket altogether since Sparks arrival on the scene, me for one.
    I am one. Keep an eye on it thru Cric Info website. Can't stand Sparks commentators.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Well done Sophie and team. They're going from strength to strength, making compelling case for some sort of corporate activity.
    I pray that Ukraine is off the headlines by this time next week.

The Premier League is a big win for Sky because the season is so long (August to May). Unless you're an F1 fan Spark Sport don't really have anything compelling to watch outside of cricket season.
    Last edited by DeathByWarriors; 18-02-2022 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelee View Post
    I pray that Ukraine is off the headlines by this time next week.
    Afraid it is going to drag on for months as the US has nothing else to try & convince the Europeans that Russia is a threat, to scuttle the ever closer economic ties being fostered between Russia & the Europeans.

I watch the cricket on the TAB's site for free.

I'm a big cricket fan and like most, was gutted when Spark took over. NZC needed the money that was offered but the long term consequences of losing new and existing fans could have a bigger effect on the game here. Sky weren't really in a position to outbid Spark although that huge Rugby deal was the one they needed at the time which I believe was around the same time the cricket negotiations were happening.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by maclir View Post
    I watch the cricket on the TAB's site for free.
    Indeed, worth having a TAB account and having a couple of shekels in it....