sharetrader
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Pros and cons of Mr tea having a holiday on H/C
    Cons, missing lots of great posting
    Pros ,not missing the direction of his wife undies
    After today's SP gain and with (hopefully) more tomorrow, I doubt MistaTea will have the energy to post anything, once his wife is finished with him

Haven’t checked in here for a week or so

Where’s MrT …sold out or something
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Put in the naughty corner I think - Still very active on HC.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Haven’t checked in here for a week or so

Where’s MrT …sold out or something
    I want your take on tomorrows announcement please ... Tell us your views and market reaction ....Your views are always spot on

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    I want your take on tomorrows announcement please ... Tell us your views and market reaction ....Your views are always spot on
    No idea mate .....SKT marketwise has a mind of its own .....so anything could happen tomorrow and next week

Got in really cheap about cap raise time and hoping one bagger will become a two bagger ....nor too bad when I know stuff all about what drives sky

So hope tomorrow is all positive

Given the board has indicated they believe the stock is undervalued, the capital strategy is very likely to be in the form of an on market buyback in my opinion. My guess would be a $30m buyback, with $20m distributed as a tax free capital return on top.

The dividend will also be reinstated, with forecast future dividends giving a yield of minimum 8% at current prices.

Only risk I see is whether the property has closed. I presume they would have had the unconditional date as 5pm today to allow the capital strategy to be presented. Worst case the deal as fallen through and it goes to the next bidder for slightly less, delaying things by a month or two.

On the technical front, $2.75 is the key resistance we need to break through (current double top). A breakout would confirm a monthly bull flag, with a traditionally measured price target of $3.30-3.40. Resistance wise there is a very small amount at $3, but then it's clear all the way up to $4. That $2.75 break should result in an explosive move in my opinion.

Watch for commentary around corporate activity as the wildcard.

IMO

Like your combo of F/A and T/A.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    Only risk I see is whether the property has closed. I presume they would have had the unconditional date as 5pm today to allow the capital strategy to be presented. Worst case the deal as fallen through and it goes to the next bidder for slightly less, delaying things by a month or two.
    Very valid point, surprised not to see any further comment re property since we had sale announcement in Dec last year. Hope its gone smoothly and no major hiccups. This is the only downside from my perspective too.

Guru

No divvy, property not settled yet.

Sky Announces 2022 Interim Results - NZX, New Zealand’s Exchange

Key points of today’s announcement1
     Revenue growth of 4.1%, to $371.7 million (from $356.9 million) as Sky Box revenuecontinues to stabilise and Streaming2revenue grows (the latter up 34%)
     Net profit after tax of $28.3 million from $39.6 million
     On target to deliver total cost savings of $40 to $45 million in FY223, including $31 to $36million in permanent savings, and with further permanent savings targeted from FY23
     Customer growth of 6%, to 983,561 as more New Zealanders choose Sky
     Game-changing new Sky Box on track for delivery into customer homes by mid-2022
     Actively investigating investment opportunities to accelerate business growth Return to paying dividends from FY22 following a return to sustainable free cash flow

Disappointing to not see a dividend or capital return. More waiting