sharetrader

[QUOTE=JohnnyTheHorse;944015

Edit: lack of commentary in here suggests many are disapointed or sold out this morning.[/QUOTE]

Or currently banned

Banned

That is indeed the case

I’m feeling relaxed about it. Lack of div was initially a little disappointing, but a clearish policy in place and stated intention for final div is positive.

Their wording in this release tends to heavily hint towards Sky making an acquisition with their lump of cash, rather than sharing it back out to us, but they would hardly be telling us if they were expecting any potential takeover talks to conclude soon, either.

The hints are probably just to muddy the waters a bit and make it seem like they have more options on the table.

Investor

All of my holdings are in tact. You'd be silly to let them go now if you held them for more than 6 months, as the story is starting to unfold and coffers are getting fuller and fuller..

percy

The CEO's use of the word significant in an announcement and what it means.
    SELL ............If not used at all.
    Hold..............Used once or twice.
    Buy...............Used three times.
    Strong Buy.....Used four times.
    Sophie used it five times.......lol.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    The CEO's use of the word significant in an announcement and what it means.
    SELL ............If not used at all.
    Hold..............Used once or twice.
    Buy...............Used three times.
    Strong Buy.....Used four times.
    Sophie used it five times.......lol.
    And she used that famous word "Inflection Point" again once or twice today.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    As expected a predictable retail flush at open. Sophie noted they are speaking with institutional investors over the coming days, so the price at the end of next week will be a far better indication than this mornings action.

I still can't quite fit all the pieces together to work out what they're looking at behind the scenes, but we can be certain something big is brewing if they are retaining so much cash.

Sophie once again also emphasised on the call that they are focused on delivering shareholder value.

Edit: lack of commentary in here suggests many are disapointed or sold out this morning. They clearly haven't held Sky long enough and know patience is required. If you have confidence in the serious undervaluation of the company, just forget about the day to day movements as the market will eventually value it for what's it's worth.
    I for one is very happy with the outcome of today's announcement. If you want a quick sugar hit of capital return, that doesn't help us in the long term. The management's job is to build a sustainable business, with returns in the long run. From everything they've said and indicating, that's exactly what's happening.

I'm excited to see what is brewing behind the scenes. I would agree that it must be something significant with the cash they're looking to retain.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    As expected a predictable retail flush at open. Sophie noted they are speaking with institutional investors over the coming days, so the price at the end of next week will be a far better indication than this mornings action.

I still can't quite fit all the pieces together to work out what they're looking at behind the scenes, but we can be certain something big is brewing if they are retaining so much cash.

Sophie once again also emphasised on the call that they are focused on delivering shareholder value.

Edit: lack of commentary in here suggests many are disapointed or sold out this morning. They clearly haven't held Sky long enough and know patience is required. If you have confidence in the serious undervaluation of the company, just forget about the day to day movements as the market will eventually value it for what's it's worth.

No selling here, had half a buy order at 2.50 left over from yesterday that i forgot about, was filled this morn to add to the pot - already up 3% on that parcel lol. Seems like something is brewing behind the scenes and i think they maybe just needed a bit more time before announcing. Once the property deal is fully done i.e. moneys in the bank, we might get an update

Guru

Sophie on the NZX investor virtual event on 8th of March:

Don't have a link to the event, but link to register: https://nzx.us19.list-manage.com/tra...c&e=baeeaaa251

Watch for price sensitive announcement regarding property going unconditional either later today or first thing Monday.