sharetrader

My gut feeling is that Sky will get to NZD700m market cap. I think this was their market cap around 2017/2018. My opinion is that the company is in a stronger position now, then it was then

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by snigmac View Post
    My gut feeling is that Sky will get to NZD700m market cap. I think this was their market cap around 2017/2018. My opinion is that the company is in a stronger position now, then it was then
    That would equate to $4/share.......

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    That would equate to $4/share.......
    Yeah, that's the figure big boys will be working towards. Another buck from current level is what their abacus will be indicating...

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by snigmac View Post
    Over what timeframe would you say

Guru

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/nzm...2BV3X5HRO7WX4/

Meanwhile we keep getting closer and closer with NZME…

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post

To answer my own question... By the next report date when a big healthy divie is announced would be my pick

I'm hoping that it will get there by the end of the year... But it will depend on how the capital management plan shapes out.

Guru

To answer my own question... By the next report date when a big healthy divie is announced would be my pick
    $700M market cap would be a 5% yield if they do pay $35M in divvie. I am not sure we quite get to $700M (the market may not be convinced that Sky can sustain a $35M payout) but we should comfortably get above $600M I think.

And if they do a buyback or capital return in June then our returns will be even higher.

Plenty to look forward to.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    $700M market cap would be a 5% yield if they do pay $35M in divvie. I am not sure we quite get to $700M (the market may not be convinced that Sky can sustain a $35M payout) but we should comfortably get above $600M I think.

And if they do a buyback or capital return in June then our returns will be even higher.

Plenty to look forward to.
    Sure thing, in the meantime will we hit $3 today or sometime this weeks. Trading depth suggests could be either today or tomorrow.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Sure thing, in the meantime will we hit $3 today or sometime this weeks. Trading depth suggests could be either today or tomorrow.
    Perhaps I am being too pessimistic at the moment because of the history of Mr Market being overly harsh on Sky.

I note that the NZME SP is up 120% from a year ago and the main difference I see between the companies is that NZME have already started paying a dividend and are currently in the process of a buyback.

In that light, $4/share does not seem obscene at all.