sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Perhaps I am being too pessimistic at the moment because of the history of Mr Market being overly harsh on Sky.

I note that the NZME SP is up 120% from a year ago and the main difference I see between the companies is that NZME have already started paying a dividend and are currently in the process of a buyback.

In that light, $4/share does not seem obscene at all.
    Sky is also in a better point in their story compared to the rest of the market. There is alot more uncertainty with A2M, AIR and etc, which will hopefully, encourage more ppl to invest in Sky TV. These companies are saying they will have a turn around in the future. sky TV has had a turn around already, has delivered and is delivering.
    Last edited by snigmac; 04-04-2022 at 11:54 AM.

Think I may have asked this earlier in the thread, but at what SKT price do holders prefer a larger div over a buyback?

Guess what I’m asking is at what price do you prefer the money in your pocket to buy more SKT yourself/other co’s/new boat versus mgmt increasing your ownership level in SKT at the market price

Think for me that price is in the low-mid $3 NZ

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rustycage View Post
    Think I may have asked this earlier in the thread, but at what SKT price do holders prefer a larger div over a buyback?

Guess what I’m asking is at what price do you prefer the money in your pocket to buy more SKT yourself/other co’s/new boat versus mgmt increasing your ownership level in SKT at the market price

Think for me that price is in the low-mid $3 NZ
    Well, I actually think that Sky should do a tax free capital return similar to what Tower have done. Regardless of what the SP is. Since the funds have come from an asset sale Sky have this as an option. I think this would be in the best interest of most shareholders as it gives them choice. When they receive the cash, if they think Sky TV is still undervalued then they can use the money to buy SKT shares (and increase their % ownership of the business as would happen under an on market buyback if they just held). Or they can use the money for something else. Maximum flexibility for the shareholder.

It has been pointed out that some large instos (like Osmium) may have tax implications with a capital return and may favour a buyback. I am not sure about this.

If they do a share buyback I think anything under $600M is comfortably a no-brainer (so ~$3.40/share).

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by snigmac View Post
    My gut feeling is that Sky will get to NZD700m market cap. I think this was their market cap around 2017/2018. My opinion is that the company is in a stronger position now, then it was then
    I want Stallion to verify your gut feeling with hard statistics.

Only then will I sleep easy at night and dramatically increase my personal spending on the assurance that Sky TV will eventually pay for my needless and indeed, senseless consumption…

I'm unsure if u can do a technical analysis based on market conditions and Sky's share price from 2018?

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    I want Stallion to verify your gut feeling with hard statistics.

Only then will I sleep easy at night and dramatically increase my personal spending on the assurance that Sky TV will eventually pay for my needless and indeed, senseless consumption…
    Technical analysis confirms there is a 100% probability of $4 by July 31st. Spend up large mate, the economy needs it.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    Technical analysis confirms there is a 100% probability of $4 by July 31st. Spend up large mate, the economy needs it.
    You say true and I say thank ya.

Sky might be the only bright spot for 2022 as far as assets go.

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Will Sky broadband ever expand to wireless 4g coverage?
    Would consider going to Sky broadband today apart from the fact that I will be moving later this year to a rural area with no Fibre...if I could change my subscription to wireless at that time them I would certainly consider moving to Sky Broadband.
    I know as a Sky subscriber I can go on to a rolling monthly contract now,so I am not locked in...but don't think I can be arsed moving to Sky Broadband then change again later in the year/ early next year.

Some portfolio growth elsewhere has allowed me to pick up another 10,000 shares today and stay within my portfolio limits. Doing my bit Mistatea, trust you're doing the same.