sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    And those two years were supposed to be good years for Media, Radio & Papers too

Plenty of Govt feel-good Covid cash washing around

Plenty of Govt prescribed locked up inside days

SKT didn't do too badly out of it though

NZM bounced it's way out of things in same period breaking recent records

Contrast that with what MW produced

And somewhere someone thinks SKT might like to take on MW with a welcome in doormat at a
    large price on the house & a barrel full of monkeys on past sins needing settling up for good measure ?

Hillarious - isn't it ?
    Don't forget the covid "impact" of $40m dollars

I'd argue its a positive impact

Guru

Initially when the news broke I thought we had better wait to see the terms of the deal before passing final judgement.

But you know what?

I don’t have to smell a fart to know it stinks.

And those two years were supposed to be good years for Media, Radio & Papers too

Hillarious - isn't it ?
    Laugh? - I thought I'd never start

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    Don't forget the covid "impact" of $40m dollars

I'd argue its a positive impact

The accounts report Wage Subsidy receipts of $5.26 m in Y/e 31.12.20

Legend

In potentially harder inflationary higher cost times ahead, I would say MW's revenues on potentially
    reduced and/or less liquid client base is likely to start looking more and more stressed heading
    out of Covid, through Elections (other Media see more light)

Out past three or four years, potentially or not a Govt change then what ?
    It wont be the same NZ pre 2019 that is around in 2024/25.. by any means or degree.

Have seen it in recent past where certain media advertising formats are first to get knocked on the head
    - usually Radio first, then Mags & Papers etc.. through contacts etc.
    Last edited by nztx; 08-06-2022 at 04:16 PM.

Yep with market cap falling any purchase of MW will be a major transaction I am presently preparing my application for compulsory buy out at an agreed price of forbar valuation. I believe its $3.00. Not only will they lose money on the buy of MW, they will have to buy out minority shareholders. We should save any evidence of valuations for our negotiations before the analysts start reducing their valuations
    Last edited by bottomfeeder; 08-06-2022 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    yep with market cap falling any purchase of mw will be a major transaction i am presently preparing my application for compulsory buy out at an agreed price of forbar valuation. I believe its $3.00. Not only will they lose money on the buy of mw, they will have to buy out minority shareholders. We should save any evidence of valuations for our negotiations before the analysts start reducing their valuations
    tell me more!

The accounts report Wage Subsidy receipts of $5.26 m in Y/e 31.12.20
    Yes but do the reports show how much money they received for the constant "this is a covid 19 announcement" and "get vacinated" advertising that every media outlet got dished out on a plate?

They wont see that money in any future years.

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    tell me more!
    Any major transaction that is approved by shareholders triggers a buy out provision by dissenting minority shareholders. It's supposed to go to arbitration. But actually it's much simpler that. Years ago I was a shareholder in Macraes mining. I forget the actual details, but there was a merger, scheme of arrangement, or something g, but it was a major transaction. In the voting booklet it was identified as a major transaction and minority shareholders were advised of their right fir a compulsory buy out. I lodged the claim. Next I had a phone all from the company, then negotiated a buyout over the phone which was above market value by a reasonable amount for me at the time. Next I see the money in my account, I didn't even sign a transfer.

The good news from all this is management and the board are now probably just sick and tired of this whole thing, so will be more than happy to sell to PE. Won't be the price we wanted, but at least will put it to bed.