sharetrader
Page 128 of 1417 FirstFirst ... 28781181241251261271281291301311321381782286281128 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 14170

$60.00 early bird Spark price to watch the whole of the Rugby World Cup. That seems like good value to me. And a good idea to sell a "One Sport" package.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingmariner View Post
    Just curious why Morningstar has a buy recommendation on SKT with a chart that is all one way? I know buy low/sell high is an investment mantra but do these analysts know something?
    Always be on the look-out for the 'out of way' recommendations - that's where the real money is always made.

But obviously must be careful to pick the right 'out of way'.

A Sydney fund manager I know became a multi-millionaire several times over and retired by investing in News Corp and Westpac when both companies were completely out of favour in the early 1990s.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    $60.00 early bird Spark price to watch the whole of the Rugby World Cup. That seems like good value to me. And a good idea to sell a "One Sport" package.
    Agreed, $60 bucks is pretty sharp pricing for the avid rugby fan who will want to watch most of the games (not just the free AB's, semis and final).

I think allowing the consumer to pay a tournament fee (and therefore pick and choose which sports they want) is an interesting pricing model.

Not sure how much better off in reality the consumer would be in the end if this became the norm, though I am sure Sky will have to consider this as a model if Spark are successful in RWC.

All eyes will be on Spark's post-RWC annual return where they reveal how much the tournament cost etc.

Profits will also depend on the performance of our beloved all blacks.$60.00 would be a bargain if we win,not so good if we go out in the quarters.

Does anyone know if Spark have sold any advertising?

Guru

I see my old mate Simon is lamenting the 'negative press' about the RWC pricing release.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12222721

I think he might need to take a harden up pill. When you compare this to the kind of criticism Chris routinely writes about Sky (some fair, plenty not), this is a walk in the park.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Some of us have our Elders Certificate in Googling and Interweb Mastery so have a very good handle on such matters.

What we cant deal with is umpteen channels of dross, loaded with adverts to sift through
    Off topic:
    Check out this Firefox extension;

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/umatrix/

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Guru

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/new...ectid=12225275

Not sure if this was a similar 'server issue' that Sky recently had with NEON, but this is certainly not a good look for Spark, and a number of people will now wish Sky had the RWC rights to ensure a smooth broadcast.

On the other hand, Spark are better to have these kinds of issues now on tournaments that have relatively low viewership. It gives them more opportunities to learn and ensure these types of problems don't occur during RWC.

Regardless, live broadcasts streamed over the internet is still very much the Wild Wild West. Watch this space.

Banned

We're impressed with SKY's service response to a connector fault on our dish antenna which has been up around 17 years without a problem. Rang at 2.30 and it was fixed by 3.30 p.m. Just saying as I occasionally get a little annoyed by the constant knocking of the service which we see as decent value for money. Also annoyed that Spark have picked up UK soccer as neither I, nor many of those I know, want to be faffing about and (hopefully) casting (especially live at at 3 a.m.) rather than just switching the TV on. Won't bother to subscribe and will just watch MoTD's and the EFL on Quest for free.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCross View Post
    We're impressed with SKY's service response to a connector fault on our dish antenna which has been up around 17 years without a problem. Rang at 2.30 and it was fixed by 3.30 p.m. Just saying as I occasionally get a little annoyed by the constant knocking of the service which we see as decent value for money. Also annoyed that Spark have picked up UK soccer as neither I, nor many of those I know, want to be faffing about and (hopefully) casting (especially live at at 3 a.m.) rather than just switching the TV on. Won't bother to subscribe and will just watch MoTD's and the EFL on Quest for free.
    Were they quick to offer you a better deal on your subscription when they were offering sport + basic for ~$50.00 (from memory, might have been less at times) to attract new subscribers ? I took these deals several times....my friends on regular subscriptions were p***ed.

Were they quick to upgrade your decoder with new units with additional disk space when they were available ? These were being handed out left right and centre to new subscribers on the above mentioned deals.

Pleased you got great service, but in my experience they have shown scant consideration to their loyal customers.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Were they quick to offer you a better deal on your subscription when they were offering sport + basic for ~$50.00 (from memory, might have been less at times) to attract new subscribers ? I took these deals several times....my friends on regular subscriptions were p***ed.

Were they quick to upgrade your decoder with new units with additional disk space when they were available ? These were being handed out left right and centre to new subscribers on the above mentioned deals.

Pleased you got great service, but in my experience they have shown scant consideration to their loyal customers.
    Yes it,s not till the loyal customer gives notice,that that the Sky retention team move in,offering all sorts of goodies to retain the once loyal customer,what Sky do not seem to comprehend is if they looked after their loyal customers in the first place,they could sack the retention team and do away with all the deals!