sharetrader
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I cannot see her as someone who would initiate or support such a dumb deal. So the best way of killing it is to leak it into the public arena and let the BOD feel the heat.
    I think you are very generous and gracious if you think she is that cunning and manipulative of the BOD, and we will never know, but if it was that, well ... good on her. At the end of the day, which has now ended, this ridiculous foray has been quashed and they have publicly announced a return to sanity and strategy - buy backs and profit distribution, organically growing the business. The turnaround that we all bought into and is working. It's only the absence of a promise to return to shareholder transparency that imo the jury will be still out on.

I have put my total holding up for sale at $2.69. The $2.70 spot was taken. Will show up first thing in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    I have put my total holding up for sale at $2.69. The $2.70 spot was taken. Will show up first thing in the morning.
    You may have forgotten that the market as a whole has taken a caning in the last 3 days?

Try $2.49 imo.

Membaa

You may have forgotten that the market as a whole has taken a caning in the last 3 days?

Try $2.49 imo.
    Some people can't see the wood for the trees. This whole thing happened within a global, not just local, market rout of historic proportions, the damage to SP has been relatively minor imo because most people thought it was BS and the BOD have now agreed it is BS. Would be silly now to bail out and not partake in the SP buyback and the profit distributions, even if it dampening the market SP enthusiasm for capital appreciation in the meantime.

Might even be a time to accumulate now that the BOD have capitulated and reset on core strategy of organic growth, share buybacks and profit distributions.

Equity investing is a lifelong learning curve, but it pays to bank the lessons and withdraw those deposits when the time comes around to leveraging downturns, whether inflicted by stupid company decisions or by macro market events.

But I'm not talking for traders, this is about long term success. You make your choices and back them until they are unbackable, then make other choices. SKT have screwed up, but it's immaterial now as they've admitted that and we can move on.

Short termers who focus only on the SP will have other views, that's their prerogative.

Given the state of the markets will be very surprised if there is a huge uplift in share price. On another note tried to ring them today twice. Wait time was 40 minutes. Hope it is because of unprecedented demand for upgrades or broadband connections.

Quote Originally Posted by Shareguy View Post
    Given the state of the markets will be very surprised if there is a huge uplift in share price. On another note tried to ring them today twice. Wait time was 40 minutes. Hope it is because of unprecedented demand for upgrades or broadband connections.
    Nope - it was MistaTea harassing them non stop.

Membaa

Nope - it was MistaTea harassing them non stop.
    The same MistaTea who wants to be CEO and would immediately be out on the street with a washboard saying 'we're for sale, buy SKT, we're going to be acquired, I'll make it happen, trust me'. Just joking. This whole thing has been an awful joke, maybe we can all move on now, I hope so. I just want them to stick to the turnaround strategy and I think they might just do that now, it's working. Shareholder transparency is a lingering issue but it's fixable, they only have to start telling us what's going on and seek our input, before going off-piste with wild ideas. That's basic commercial stakeholder investor management, be up front.

Ya'll reckon if I put in an order on Sharesies for $2.30 a pop for SKT it'll go through in the morning?

Can anybody else think of a reason now why they cant reinstate an investor day and provide up to date guidance?

The Cynic in me cant help but wonder if this whole thing has enabled them a couple more months, to do what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    I am praying that my prophecy was not just wishful thinking. Not really religious, but feel like going to church for a while. Everything helps.
    I went to church, sat in a pew, looked to my left and inscribed on the wall was - "Pride goeth before destruction" Very ominous.