sharetrader
Page 13 of 1417 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723631135131013 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    As with any investment you pay your money and take your chances!

It's always a temptation to take a placement at below market price but first consideration should be the stock itself, ie "Would I buy it without the "discount"?
    Fair enough if it's a level playing field.

Not when it comes to placements!
    Last edited by Balance; 05-03-2013 at 09:07 AM.

$4.92 bid, $4.94 offer.

Looks like could be a good one!
    Last edited by Balance; 05-03-2013 at 09:26 AM.

I made a sneaky 5% on this today - quick fire buy/sell action on the back of the big players.

Record date is on Friday for a 12cps dividend - I wonder what will happen to the SP after that...

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    Granted the big story with SKT is the Newscorp sell down but Im surprised there has been no mention of the NRL coverage situation, or have I missed it?

I still suspect a deal will be done BUT if not this could be a really big deal. A lot of people pretty pissed with SKY at the moment. The monopoly they have on sports coverage and the $ you have to pay to get it. Personally I got rid of SKY a while back. I watch all my sport on line and don't miss any of the other crap channels I was forced to buy in the past. I have a much bigger range of sports coverage on line than I could ever imagine using sky and the quality of that coverage is only getting better and better. Just a cable from my computer to my TV and I'm good to go!!

What are peoples thoughts on what might transpire IF Sky and the NRL can't come to an arrangement by Thursday?
    The new IPV6 internet protocol, which is slowly being taken up, makes multicast video streaming easier to set up. The old IPV4 protocol was designed as a point-to-point protocol. It was possible to do multicast in IPV4 but was an inpractical kludge.

With IPV6 and fiber-optic media over the internet becomes more doable. What is holding it back is agreed data compression and video standards. The new HTML5 internet standard may be a way forward, but the jury is still out whether this will be successful.

The point I am trying to make is disintermediation is possibible, where punter can bypass agregators such as Sky and deal direct with the content originator.

Just imagine you are a fan of blood sports and wish to watch a local soccer derby between Locomotiv Moscow and Spartak. No need to worry if it is broadcast on Sky. Just flick a few Roubles to the content originator for the game and join their video feed.

Boop boop de do

Marilyn
    Last edited by Marilyn Munroe; 05-03-2013 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Spelling

DIRECTOR: SKT: Notice of Resignation of Director 04:25p.m.
    SKT
    05/03/2013 16:25
    DIRECTOR

REL: 1625 HRS Sky Network Television Limited

DIRECTOR: SKT: Notice of Resignation of Director

NOTICE OF RESIGNATION OF DIRECTOR
    For immediate release, 5 March 2013

Michael Miller resigned as a director of SKY Network Television Limited on 4
    March 2013.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    Do any of the SKT investors have any new info on the NRL TV deal? I really think this could be bad for SKT if they don't work something out and there is not much more than 24 hours to go. I've heard the NRL or ARL (what ever they are called) are playing hardball on this one and have been in talks with Moari TV, amongst others for some kind of split deal which would see Sky NOT getting rights to all the games. I still suspect SKT will conceede here and work out some kind of deal because they have too much to lose.
    Same happened with motor racing.Sky will have a bottom line as will NRL.Taking it to the wire.!!! Both have a lot to lose.Big dollars at stake.Either way both will survive.
    I watched on free to air in Aussie last time I was there, and switched it off as there were too many ads.NRL will know that.
    Last edited by percy; 06-03-2013 at 10:37 AM.

Veteran novice

The market doesn't seem worried that Rupert's left the register. SKT up 13c in a generally strong market, no doubt Dow - influenced!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    The market doesn't seem worried that Rupert's left the register. SKT up 13c in a generally strong market, no doubt Dow - influenced!
    And ex divie.!!! I brought back in. Had some money put away for a rainy day.As forecast is for more sunning days,I decided to put it to better use in SKT.
    With so many good divies coming through,I suppose cash reserves will mount again quickly.

Hi

Can anyone clarify the ex div date for SKT
    NZX site says 6 March and the shares dropped 12c at open this morning, but all of the company's own releases say 8th March

So if I bought today would I get the dividend or not?

Poet

No its gone..quoted as X DIV as opposed to Cum Div
    Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Hi

Can anyone clarify the ex div date for SKT
    NZX site says 6 March and the shares dropped 12c at open this morning, but all of the company's own releases say 8th March

So if I bought today would I get the dividend or not?

Poet