sharetrader
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Any repayment of surplus cash will drop the SP by the amount of the capital return.
    I'll be reinvesting the dividend in more SKT so hopefully the dividend discounts the SP a bit. Such a gloomy bunch of shareholders, let's move on from the MW debacle and look to a bright future with the new Box rollout and growing customers, revenue and profits. Looking through it all and the turnaround strategy is working and this is a momentous event returning to paying shareholders a dividend.

If you're not interested in that, sell and move on. Imho.

Guru

Returning surplus cash will not help the SP, much.

Declaring a dividend based on a high percentage of profit will boost the SP. Declaring a decent profit will boost the SP.

Any repayment of surplus cash will drop the SP by the amount of the capital return.

First repay all debt. Next, can the company utilise the cash to increase profit. If not, then pay the money to shareholders. Won't help the SP, but will not hurt it when the money is spent badly.
    With an EV of only ~$250M right now I don’t believe the cash balance is given much weight in the SP.

God help us if I am wrong.

But, ultimately future Earning Power will drive the SP.

So returning capital (whether that be a tax free payment, share buyback or combination of both) should not see a corresponding drop in SP for Sky I don’t think.

A strong capital return backed up with a strong dividend should help drive the SP up from $400M to around $550M. That would be a 7% yield if they pay $40M divvy (which will be within the 50-80% FCF payout they advised).

Provided the market believes that dividend can be maintained, there should be good lift in SP.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 13-07-2022 at 07:58 PM.

Quiet Observer

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    OK did you use the replay function? I'll try it tonight again. Last time I tried 2 weeks ago I pulled up a replay of a game on the laptop but then when I plugged it into the TV with a HDMI cable it told me it was not supported. Maybe they changed it because I caused some stink which would be nice. I'm usually not someone to complain.
    Not replay function. Live along with everyone else. But in saying that, I noticed that we had the ability to 'Stop' or 'Rewind' if wanted.
    Last edited by FTG; 13-07-2022 at 09:44 PM.
    Success is a journey AND a destination!

Any idea on which date in August the results and capital disclosure will be.

Guru

Any idea on which date in August the results and capital disclosure will be.
    August 25.

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    August 25.
    Six long weeks lol

Guru

From the newsletter…

“Our exceptional entertainment offering continues to perform strongly and we eagerly anticipate the launch of "House of the Dragon" next month, and - for those of you in New Zealand - we invite you to watch out for something special to celebrate this highly anticipated series during the All Blacks' third test at Sky Stadium on 16 July.”

Maybe Sophie will walk out at half time and announce a takeover by Comcast…

Guru

From the newsletter…

“Our exceptional entertainment offering continues to perform strongly and we eagerly anticipate the launch of "House of the Dragon" next month, and - for those of you in New Zealand - we invite you to watch out for something special to celebrate this highly anticipated series during the All Blacks' third test at Sky Stadium on 16 July.”

Maybe Sophie will walk out at half time and announce a takeover by Comcast…
    The 'something special' was some bad acting by Jeff Wilson followed by an unnecessary contribution to global warming...

Nice.

Yeah hard to even tell what that was about

The 'something special' was some bad acting by Jeff Wilson followed by an unnecessary contribution to global warming...

Nice.
    "Can you hear that?"

Had me in stitches!
    BTC went to $69K and now $16K. Good thing I’ve been warning you since it was $3K! I was right!