sharetrader
Page 1318 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 31881812181268130813141315131613171318131913201321132213281368 ... LastLast
Results 13,171 to 13,180 of 14174

Quote Originally Posted by 3mman View Post
    Can anyone help with details of a good, safe broker to move some SKT volume. Been dealing with ASB securities and they drive me nuts with their rules and regulations on trading decent numbers. They are fine to deal with for 1000 shares but hopeless when it’s a 100,000. Thanks in advance.
    Advantage of a full service broker could be that they can cross a big line of stock to another and get you a better price - especially when a stock is on the way down. You pay more but that can be more than offset by a better price.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    Just drip feed 10k or 20k at a time through ASB sec. Going to a different brokerage would involve completing their AML signup procedure.
    I use ASB sec and have only had one occassion in the past when I needed to sell in volume.

Rather than use their online portal I rang them to do it - and I asked them to sell at market price, but drip feed it. Also negotiated their commission down from 0.3% to 0.2%.

Worked out fine for me in that instance.

Guru

Should be another strong open today...with exactly two weeks to go...

I hope the WR deal is announced before the FY results. If the deal is favourable, good be some timely 'good news' heading into the Big Reveal...

Advanced Member

Fwiw I'm going to buy more today based on nothing more that I met some friends last night and 2 out of 3 are coming back to Sky Sports after a long hiatus because of PL football.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    Fwiw I'm going to buy more today based on nothing more that I met some friends last night and 2 out of 3 are coming back to Sky Sports after a long hiatus because of PL football.
    Well, the open looks to be very strong today...so perhaps a number of others are drawing a similar conclusion to yourself.

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    I use ASB sec and have only had one occassion in the past when I needed to sell in volume.

Rather than use their online portal I rang them to do it - and I asked them to sell at market price, but drip feed it. Also negotiated their commission down from 0.3% to 0.2%.

Worked out fine for me in that instance.
    Mr T psst, 0.2 is my standard rate.

Advanced Member

The Spinoff outlining that HBOMax will launch here in 2024, after Skys Content agreement ends next year:

https://thespinoff.co.nz/business/10...ikes-it-or-not

EDIT: apologies didn't see this was already posted earlier.
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 11-08-2022 at 11:53 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    I assume you are referring to this?

Just speculation that Warner will cut Sky out of the equation altogether.

We renewed and expanded our deal with Warner just last year: https://www.nzx.com/announcements/378056

8 months before that we renewed with Discovery on a co-exclusive basis: https://www.nzx.com/announcements/364535

Sky will have access to HBO/Discovery content for years to come...and it is a big assumption that Warner-Discovery will cut Sky TV out of the equation altogether in years to come when the current deals expire.
    Spinoff claims that the HBO deal ends next year.

Sky statement in response that it has other content is very “weak sauce”:

Yes, HBO has some terrific shows, but Sky is a curator of fantastic entertainment, with over 530 different content partnerships in place to deliver premium content to our customers. Recent hits from studios other than HBO include The Handmaid’s Tale, Love Island, Yellowjackets and Yellowstone.”
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 11-08-2022 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    The Spinoff outlining that HBOMax will launch here in 2024, after Skys Content agreement ends next year:

EDIT: apologies didn't see this was already posted earlier.
    Aren't they sponsored by Spark?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    Aren't they sponsored by Spark?
    Meaning a media outlet would write up stuff to appease their sponsor?