sharetrader
Page 1321 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 32182112211271131113171318131913201321132213231324132513311371 ... LastLast
Results 13,201 to 13,210 of 14173

Get ready Mrs tea

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Old mate View Post
    Get ready Mrs tea
    August 25...I will surely be giving missusTea a nice creampie for dessert.

If you look at a chart over the last month we are a legit growth stonk (don’t look at the 5y though!)

SWM (Aus TV s***co) had an interesting reaction to the shareholder return plan today. No div, plan to b/b 10% of shares. But it is a different case: one huge insider holder that prob wants to takeover slowly/at a low price

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rustycage View Post
    If you look at a chart over the last month we are a legit growth stonk (don’t look at the 5y though!)

SWM (Aus TV s***co) had an interesting reaction to the shareholder return plan today. No div, plan to b/b 10% of shares. But it is a different case: one huge insider holder that prob wants to takeover slowly/at a low price
    Buyback for sky tv even less compelling now that the SP is up 15% from a fortnight back.

With all those imputation credits, best way is definitely a divvy/special divvy combo.

Simple, straight forward and tax efficient. Companies that own sky will pay no tax and retail holders will pay 5% - pretty good deal, given the alternatives.

Advanced Member

After another horrible experience with SSN this morning I can feel empathy with this article. Also SkyGo customers seem to get a completely different experience than SSN customers with regards to replays at the moment judging from social media. Whilst I'm a happy shareholder I'm a disgruntled customer who feels we are being held hostage by horrible technology. I'm only writing this in the hope that someone from Sky senior management peruses this board. And please no offers of help no matter how well-meant. I'm no technical dummy and I subscribe to approx 8 streaming services and SSN is by far the worst. Not even close.

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/english-p...-football-fans

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    After another horrible experience with SSN this morning I can feel empathy with this article. Also SkyGo customers seem to get a completely different experience than SSN customers with regards to replays at the moment judging from social media. Whilst I'm a happy shareholder I'm a disgruntled customer who feels we are being held hostage by horrible technology. I'm only writing this in the hope that someone from Sky senior management peruses this board. And please no offers of help no matter how well-meant. I'm no technical dummy and I subscribe to approx 8 streaming services and SSN is by far the worst. Not even close.

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/english-p...-football-fans
    There were also no shortage of articles about how "Spark Sport sucks" and people lamenting Sky losing the rights to various codes...there will always be someone who isn't happy.

However, I do think that Spark Sport is a better app than SSN. Spark do tend to commission the development of better apps that Sky can, and I don't really understand why that should be the case for SSN because we outsource the app development (as does Spark).
    For NEON it was a different story - John Fellet was talked into letting his CTO develop the app in house. Man oh man was that a mistake - old NEON was such a piece of crap. Spark stood up Lightbox by outsourcing the development faster than Sky and the app was so much better it just wasn't funny. So I get 'why' old NEON was so awful and Lightbox was awesome.

For SSN I am a bit puzzled, and the only thing I can think of is that Sky have missed a trick with SSN in that they still designed the app around a linear TV experience (whereas Spark Sport is designed around an On Demand experience - which is the right way for an app). As a result, because SSN is trying to serve two masters (linear and On Demand) the Home Page etc can become a bit crowded and clunky.

I think the app does need to have some more investment - sh1tcan the linear TV guide type watching (if anyone wants that so badly they can fork out for a Sky Box sub). Of course, if the difference between enhancing SSN and buying Spark Sport isn't significant, then we could always see if our mates at Spark would like to sell.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 18-08-2022 at 08:54 AM.

Is the big day tomorrow?

Bit like the kids on a long trip 'are we there yet'
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Is the big day tomorrow?

Bit like the kids on a long trip 'are we there yet'
    Another week to go, same day. Time to snooze until then...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Another week to go, same day. Time to snooze until then...
    Maybe winner was referring to a takeover.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Maybe winner was referring to a takeover.
    Haha, sure why not