sharetrader
Page 1322 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 32282212221272131213181319132013211322132313241325132613321372 ... LastLast
Results 13,211 to 13,220 of 14173
    Guru

I think at this junction, it would be shocking if Sky do anything other than a divvy/special divvy, given the delays and available imputation credits - shareholders just want their money now.

I suspect any alternative, such as a buyback, would be viewed as another unwelcome suprise.

If it is a straight divvy/speciall divvy combo, then we can be confident Sky will fork out somewhere between $50M (super stingy) to $100M (more generous than anyone is anticipating, and doable given the huge cash balance).

So anything from a disappointing 29cps to an astounding 57cps total dividend.

I think they will be stingy. Unlike Directors to give away cash reserves, they will want to maintain divvys going forward (sustainable returns). Lastly always want to hold easy funds for unforseen tech changes or new tech availability. I think they may announce a potential buyback at discretion of the board, just in case the SP drops below a basic level. Just having a potential buyback in the wings will stop the SP getting to the basic level, say $2.20. If the above comes to fruition I will be happy. Capital returns only serve to reduce the SP. If you want capital back, sell some shares.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    I think they will be stingy. Unlike Directors to give away cash reserves, they will want to maintain divvys going forward (sustainable returns). Lastly always want to hold easy funds for unforseen tech changes or new tech availability. I think they may announce a potential buyback at discretion of the board, just in case the SP drops below a basic level. Just having a potential buyback in the wings will stop the SP getting to the basic level, say $2.20. If the above comes to fruition I will be happy. Capital returns only serve to reduce the SP. If you want capital back, sell some shares.
    Ultimately, I think the future SP will be driven by future prospects/earning potential (and therefore dividend potential) of the business.

With the SP dropping to as low as $397M recently, it is hard to imagine that the ~$150M cash balance feeds into that valuation much. If it does then the market currently only thinks Sky TV's operations are worth $300M. Difficult to rationalise that with the reality of how much the company earns.

Let's hope they give some good guidance for next year.

Guru

I think they will be stingy.
    They will be as tight arsed as they can get away with, but I think there is a fair amount of pressure from the big investors to cough, so they will probably end up paying more than they otherwise would. How much more? The minimum they can get away with and keep their jobs I am sure.

Unlike Directors to give away cash reserves, they will want to maintain divvys going forward (sustainable returns).
    Any future dividends will be a function of future FCF, not the existing cash balance. They will probably maitain a policy of 50-80% of adjusted FCF into the future. Any money paid out to shareholders in the future will not come out of the war chest, so having loads and loads of cash on the books does not help shareholders in terms of dividends.

Lastly always want to hold easy funds for unforseen tech changes or new tech availability.
    They will certainly need to keep some cash on hand. Not only to guard against the 'vicissitudes of life' but also to work on enhancing our streaming services, the new STB, increase broadband uptake etc. They will need to have access to cash in excess of the ~$50M they budget each year for CAPEX spend from operating cashflows. But the question is, how much do they need to keep? Given they produce $50M a year for CAPEX from cashflows, how much more cash do they need And for what?

If they want to keep a huge pile of the cash they will need to have a very good story about what they plan to do with it. Just saying that they are going to sit on it because they are paranoid and/or are just waiting and hoping that 'something good' will present soon won't go down very well I don't think.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 18-08-2022 at 11:23 AM.

Guru

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainm...LUKO?ocid=EMMX

Our mate at Foxtel won't be getting invited to any HBO parties anytime soon.

Some good news landed in my inbox just now:

We’re updating the Sky Sport Now website and app on 23 August with an improved experience and fresh new look with new features including; watch from start, and initially for web users only you can access multi-view and 30-second replay live action mode.
    Last edited by shazam; 18-08-2022 at 03:36 PM.

Advanced Member

Just got this e-mail from Sky Sports which probably explains the horror show I had this morning trying to watch the Black Caps via the TV app. This also would address some of the biggest issues re playback mentioned in the Newsroom piece.

''We’re updating the Sky Sport Now website and app on 23 August with an improved experience and fresh new look with new features including; watch from start, and initially for web users only you can access multi-view and 30-second replay live action mode.'

Guru

The cricket was a horror show wasn't it??

Just killing time waiting for the 25th.....
    Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 18-08-2022 at 04:03 PM.

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    ''We’re updating the Sky Sport Now website and app on 23 August with an improved experience and fresh new look with new features including; watch from start, and initially for web users only you can access multi-view and 30-second replay live action mode.'
    Brilliant! Thanks TEAM

What multi view are they talking about?