sharetrader
Page 1329 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 32982912291279131913251326132713281329133013311332133313391379 ... LastLast
Results 13,281 to 13,290 of 14173
    Guru

A lot of room for growth in Broadband for Sky - but with ~18K customers taking the bundle, I think that number is a lot higher than some may have anticipated.

The new STB with new pricing/packages could see a potential spike in broadband if we can attract new customers.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    A lot of room for growth in Broadband for Sky - but with ~18K customers taking the bundle, I think that number is a lot higher than some may have anticipated.

The new STB with new pricing/packages could see a potential spike in broadband if we can attract new customers.
    And I am thinking of going back to Satellite to improve the picture quality....as I currently only subscribe for sport.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Yeah....ive been scratching my head and trying to figure out what Winner meant......happy as here.
    What will be interesting will be where the SP settles today.
    People with more powerful calculators than mine will be trying to figure that out.

Mr T...thought they would go the Capital Return way....few more months is not really material in the bigger scheme of things.
    Can’t please winner that easily, always expecting more…

Well it's not what many thought they would do, but can someone help me understand what happens to our shareholdings?
    If I own 10,000 today, will I still own 10,000 when this is done and have another 40c per share in my hot little hands?

Quote Originally Posted by thebusinessman View Post
    Well it's not what many thought they would do, but can someone help me understand what happens to our shareholdings?
    If I own 10,000 today, will I still own 10,000 when this is done and have another 40c per share in my hot little hands?
    you have less shares and the money
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by thebusinessman View Post
    No the 40cps is based on current shares outstanding ($70M/174.688M shares outstanding)

Prior to the AGM, they will propose the exact details of the return so that it can be voted on at the AGM. They will cancel x% of shares oustanding and pay out whatever $/share it works out to be.

So, if they cancel 1 in 10 shares (17.47M shares) then for every 10 shares you own, they will cancel 1 and pay you $4/share ($70M/17.47M shares cancelled).

Sorry I was a bit miserable sounding this morning

Should have remembered what I paid for me shares when SKT was in state of despair ..... so 40 cents back not to bad I suppose .... even if I will have a few less shares afterwards
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Suppose a lot more thought went into working out/ debating the merits off / attractiveness off the 40 cents bit than the $70m bit

Tough being a director .... but they have advisors
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Very pleased with the outcome. Dividend on the lower end of my expectation, however they they have signalled they will be targeting the upper range.

Capital return is great, especially for those of us on a 39% tax rate. Much more efficient, even if we must wait slightly.

Strength of the underlying business has been reconfirmed. They are doing what they say they will. This is the most important part of the entire announcement for me.

I’m expecting we will see strength from this.

Guru

Looking at TWR who did a pro-rate capital return...I think the payment of money won't take as long as I might have thought (I thought it took a few months by the time you jump through various hoops).

They voted on their capital return at their AGM (2 Feb 2022).

Paperwork was filed right away and after court orders were received etc the share cancellation and capital distribution was finished a month later on 09 March.

Not sure if processing is slower given we will vote on this on November 2 and it is getting close to Xmas...but a possible Christmas present from the Board for us if it is implemented quickly like TWR.