sharetrader
Page 1334 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 33483412341284132413301331133213331334133513361337133813441384 ... LastLast
Results 13,331 to 13,340 of 14174
    Guru

Results are out/digested, SP has slipped back into the doldrums and all chat has stopped??

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Results are out/digested, SP has slipped back into the doldrums and all chat has stopped??
    Everyone too depressed I suspect.

Usual story for Sky - despite solid results and proving the naysayers wrong the market is still unconvinced about Sky's future beyond a year or two from now...and takes a very conservative view on her valuation.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Everyone too depressed I suspect.

Usual story for Sky - despite solid results and proving the naysayers wrong the market is still unconvinced about Sky's future beyond a year or two from now...and takes a very conservative view on her valuation.
    well you never know when management & the board are going to turnaround and try and buy a money losing radio station again for hundred million +.

Confidence in management was already low before that farce, and it will take a while for that to be forgotten by the market.

Now they are even having trouble delivering their primary product, with multiple big live sport events not being viewable for some Sky Sport Now customers. Got to get back to basics, especially in a cost of living crisis where sky is one of the easiest big ticket monthly items to drop if needed.

my half price year long special offer skybox subscription ends in November. I will not be renewing it unless i get the same half price rate (unlikely I’m guessing)
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 31-08-2022 at 11:48 AM.

Guru

SP well below expectations, but at least volume was better today.

I will be ditching Sky Sport Now if the performance of the TV app doesn't improve in the coming months. I keep getting buffering when watching live sport despite my TV being hardwired to the router and being on a gigabit internet plan. There's also a bunch of other interface issues that need to be sorted out. Hopefully it's just teething issues and they iron them out quickly.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DeathByWarriors View Post
    I will be ditching Sky Sport Now if the performance of the TV app doesn't improve in the coming months. I keep getting buffering when watching live sport despite my TV being hardwired to the router and being on a gigabit internet plan. There's also a bunch of other interface issues that need to be sorted out. Hopefully it's just teething issues and they iron them out quickly.
    I have noticed a similar thing with NEON lately.

I have a Sony Bravia TV connected to wifi via ethernet cable.

I have fibre too.

Asleep at the Wheel?

I have noticed a similar thing with NEON lately.

I have a Sony Bravia TV connected to wifi via ethernet cable.

I have fibre too.
    Although you may find your Sony TV only has a 100 Mbps network card. Mine does.
    I wrote to them and said this was ridiculous in a Gigabit world, but I only got a stock reply "we'll pass this on to ......"

Advanced Member

TV processors (especially Sony ones - still love my Bravia though) are incredibly slow to keep the price down. The SSN app on the PS5 works so much faster and better so I assume it's the TV's fault.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    TV processors (especially Sony ones - still love my Bravia though) are incredibly slow to keep the price down. The SSN app on the PS5 works so much faster and better so I assume it's the TV's fault.
    Cheers, yes most likely a TV issue. I certainly haven't noticed the same issues on a browser or iPhone app.

Just weird though, because I haven't noticed the same thing on Netflix when using the TV app.

Advanced Member

Cheers, yes most likely a TV issue. I certainly haven't noticed the same issues on a browser or iPhone app.

Just weird though, because I haven't noticed the same thing on Netflix when using the TV app.
    I often think this too as my YouTube app works well on any platform too but then one of them is valued at over 100b and the other at over 1.4t so they probably have the money to sort out the tech.