sharetrader
Page 1344 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 34484412441294133413401341134213431344134513461347134813541394 ... LastLast
Results 13,431 to 13,440 of 14173

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    On one of the subscriber surveys few months ago, the question was:would you pay $15/month or a once only payment of $200.0
    My interpretation of that question, is that it relates to the lease fee for the equipment. Sky at one point offered a similar option to bulk pay the lease for the Pace decoders with a one-off payment of $400 (I forget the exact amount) or $15/month in perpetuity. For the new decoders, Sky appear to have settled on $10/month rather than $15/month for the lease.

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    On one of the subscriber surveys few months ago, the question was:would you pay $15/month or a once only payment of $200.0
    Yes you're right, I remember that as well
    I paid a 1 off up front fee as well, have saved over time, instead of "buying" it 10 times over without any loss of replacements/repairs etc
    Last edited by Jay; 25-09-2022 at 10:22 PM. Reason: added last bit

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Yes you're right, I remember that as well
    I paid a 1 off up front fee as well, have saved over time, instead of "buying" it 10 times over without any loss of replacements/repairs etc
    If you purchase an aftermarket satellite receiver that is compatible with the sky TV access card, you can watch and record sky TV content without any "my sky" fee whatsoever. You just purchase the bare bones subscription from sky TV, that comes with a free receiver (that you don't use)

Where would you get an aftermarket SKY compatible receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by xafalcon View Post
    If you purchase an aftermarket satellite receiver that is compatible with the sky TV access card, you can watch and record sky TV content without any "my sky" fee whatsoever. You just purchase the bare bones subscription from sky TV, that comes with a free receiver (that you don't use)
    The "aftermarket satellite receiver"? is that the set top box?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    I am interested if in that as well !

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    My "aftermarket" Sky receiver is actually the Kodi media centre software. There are addons available for Sky (Live TV and on demand - just enter your Sky credentials) as well as ESPN (which you can log into using your Sky credentials.) I find that works extremely well for me. If Sky somehow blocked this I would probably lose the will to pay for Sky - it's way more convenient than the Sky box itself, especially when you can have Amazon Prime, Netflix and Disney+ and Freeview channels all running through Kodi. It's basically what the Sky box of the future could/should be but I've had it for years. Agree with previous commenters that Sky have been stuck in an old world paradigm where they think the box is the pathway to everything.
    Last edited by Airw0lf; 27-09-2022 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I am interested if in that as well !
    They are freely available. I have Ultraplus and Xcruiser satellite receivers (STB). Both are able to use the Sky TV card. Both can record to a USB device (memory stick or portable HDD). Around $150 cost

They also allow other satellite TV services to be watched, if you have the correct dish(es)

Kodi boxes also work

But you must always ask the vendor "does this work with the sky TV card?"

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by xafalcon View Post
    They are freely available. I have Ultraplus and Xcruiser satellite receivers (STB). Both are able to use the Sky TV card. Both can record to a USB device (memory stick or portable HDD). Around $150 cost

They also allow other satellite TV services to be watched, if you have the correct dish(es)

Kodi boxes also work

But you must always ask the vendor "does this work with the sky TV card?"
    Thanks.
    Another question.
    Will the Sky TV Card continue to be used ? Is there still one in their new box ?

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Thanks.
    Another question.
    Will the Sky TV Card continue to be used ? Is there still one in their new box ?
    No idea, but highly likely

But you don't need to "upgrade" to the new box. Keep your old STB, tell Sky TV you no longer want the $15pm recording functionality, and use the card in any suitable receiver