sharetrader
Page 1363 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 36386312631313135313591360136113621363136413651366136713731413 ... LastLast
Results 13,621 to 13,630 of 14177

Great day for NZ cricket fans…following this sport the last few years has been a hot mess!

Maybe D White…head of NZ cricket should retire…out hurt?

He and his advisors sold nz cricket fans down the road for a bit of lucre.

a generation of nz kids have grown up asking mummy and daddy…”what is cricket?” and us oldies been saying “remember when we had the summer of cricket…tv or radio”

I’ve taken a few bouncers to the head but I still remember this from 2019

SPARK DEAL 'FUTURE-PROOFS' CRICKET
    NZC boss David White said the deal was as much about catering for the demands of tomorrow, as it was for today.

Spark uses the internet to stream games, removing the need for a TV.
    "This is a deal which future-proofs the whole of cricket in New Zealand," White said.
    "Live streaming is the future. It allows viewers to free themselves from fixed linear schedules to watch live, delayed, highlighted or clipped content when and where they choose, and on a wide range of devices.

Together with the free-to-air component provided by TVNZ, this accord means more cricket games than ever before will be broadcast live.
    "It's timely that we make this move now, at a time when more New Zealanders than ever – and especially young Kiwis, consume their sports content through digital devices."

Great day for Sky!!! Biggest competitor bidding up sports rights in NZ heads for the exit!

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Almost-confused View Post
    Great day for Sky!!! Biggest competitor bidding up sports rights in NZ heads for the exit!
    You'd have to think that Spark exiting would have cast the net out looking for a buyer and at least talked to Sky, who obviously didn't like the deal and left it to the government funded TVNZ to take over. Nice.

And, we got F1 today! Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    You'd have to think that Spark exiting would have cast the net out looking for a buyer and at least talked to Sky, who obviously didn't like the deal and left it to the government funded TVNZ to take over. Nice.

Yeah I love that Sky didn't bite. Doesn't send the right message if we took them out... Come take us on and then when you get into trouble we'll buy you out.

Gotta let them take the bath

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post

For sure .. do I hear the computers in Willy Wonka's Beehive Nut Factory being prepared
    to be set cranking over soon, working out how many extra bucket fulls of Taxpayer loot will
    have to be thrown on the BBQ at the merged TVNZ trainwreck going forward ?

Wonder what an economic nosedive coming up soon will do to things @ TVNZ - Will
    Wellington's resident Labour Vandals just leave it to stumble along the path ?
    Last edited by nztx; 17-12-2022 at 06:54 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    For sure .. do I hear the computers in Willy Wonka's Beehive Nut Factory being prepared
    to be set cranking over soon, working out how many extra bucket fulls of Taxpayer loot will
    have to be thrown on the BBQ at the merged TVNZ trainwreck going forward ?

Wonder what an economic nosedive coming up soon will do to things @ TVNZ - Will
    Wellington's resident Labour Vandals just leave it to stumble along the path ?
    Now we all pay for it - seemed better to me that only the users paid. The 'free lunch' believers wwill be chuffed.

Daniel Dunkley on paywalled Business Desk comments on the deal and said that Sky TV is the real winner.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Daniel Dunkley on paywalled Business Desk comments on the deal and said that Sky TV is the real winner.
    Perhaps Spark shareholders as well. I am one.

I found this bit in the announcement surprising. I thought they would have made sure they partnered with someone who was capable of delivery of the platform long term…not just the short time that Spark have been dabbling in it. I guess things can change, even so, I would have expected better selection of supplier by Spark.

“The Spark Sport platform licenced from iStreamPlanet will also no longer be made available for third party use in the second half of 2023, requiring Spark to invest in a new platform and transition customers in order to continue operating the service.”

Investor

Depth looks very interesting here..something cooking?

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Depth looks very interesting here..something cooking?
    probably something exciting will happen now I sold out last week after holding for a few years Got tired of waiting for something like takeover or merger to happen and saw better opportunities elsewhere. Bought at 0.12 cents so made a few shekels on the punt they were oversold. They done a reasonable job steadying the ship but

I couldn’t see anything that was going to grow the core business. They taken a lot of costs out which is the easy bit but ultimately they need to grow the revenue and I couldn’t see where that would happen. Spark sport closing helps a bit but likely headwinds as recession approaches…likely less advertising revenue, subs slow or decline as a discretionary spend.
    Long term I’m not sure where sky fits in the modern streaming world. Without exclusive sport they have little competive advantage so be interesting as the sports right come up for renewal and what some of the global like Amazon espn, disney etc decide to do re sports rights

GLTH…hope something good happens for the long suffering shareholders. Will continue to watch with interest