sharetrader
Page 1367 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 36786712671317135713631364136513661367136813691370137113771417 ... LastLast
Results 13,661 to 13,670 of 14173
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Cam Wallace and Mediaworks announce 90 redundancies. Were those cuts signalled when the business was offered to SKT?

Probably not .. the R word has only come out on airwaves since

looks like SKT has dodged a large bullet .. and maybe one flying a wonky path at that
    Last edited by nztx; 24-01-2023 at 10:31 PM.

I expect maximum dividend to be $0.16 per share for the full year. Expect an interim of $0.06 or $0.07 cents per share!

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post

looks like SKT has dodged a large bullet .. and maybe one flying a wonky path at that
    The Sky board pointed the gun at itself and then shareholders (and anyone with a modicum of intelligence really) pushed them into dodging said bullet.
    BTC went to $69K and now $16K. Good thing I’ve been warning you since it was $3K! I was right!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post

We will never know the terms of the proposed SKT-MW deal - but media reports had it around $300M to buy MW (and assume $100M debt). Staggering.

And I remember talking to SM, and she looked me dead on and said that the SKT-MW deal was a very good idea but the only issue was 'timing' (and the timing was the issue for the major shareholders, not that it was a bum deal!). Ha!

Sky didn't dodge a bullet. Shareholders revolted and Management had no choice but to drop it.

In that sense, the checks and balances (to Management) for Sky TV worked really well actually.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Perky View Post
    I think they have some pricing power around their sports package due to some exclusivity of key sports but not much else that customers can’t get similar elsewhere for cheaper.
    12.5% price increase to $44.99 per month for Sky Sport Now Month Pass, from 1st March.

Rugby World Cup,
    Netball World Cup,
    FIFA Women’s World Cup™️,
    ICC Women’s T20 World Cup,
    ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup,
    Premier League,
    Formula 1,
    Rugby Championship,
    DHL Super Rugby Pacific,
    Sky Super Rugby Aupiki,
    NRL,
    State of Origin,
    ANZ Premiership,
    A-League,
    Supercars,
    NBL,
    ANBL,
    PGA,
    LPGA
    ... and more

12.5% increase wow that's a big jump.

Still a bargain. You probably couldn’t get a basic ticket, 1 beer and a hotdog for $44.99 to attend any of those events.

Guru

Still a bargain. You probably couldn’t get a basic ticket, 1 beer and a hotdog for $44.99 to attend any of those events.

Yes indeed, very true.

Although we have been making the whole "Sky is great value because its less than the cost of a cup of coffee a day for most..." argument for years now. The fact that ~300K profitable satellite subs cancelled over two to three years (despite the cost being well under a cup of coffee for the average customer at the time - some $2.63/day...) is telling.

People are price sensitive whether we like it or not.

Will the current price increase trigger mass cancellations? Probably not. Will it inhibit growth? - I suspect so.

And the impressive line up of sport is only relevant for those fans who actually are interested in all of the different codes. If you are just interested in rugby and league (for example) then the other 'stuff' that you get as part of your sub is irrelevant - you are now paying $45/month for the rugger...and that feels expensive.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 29-01-2023 at 06:01 PM.

Everyone’s position will be different. Depending how bad the economy gets I think the first thing to go from peoples sport watching budgets will be
    1. taking the family to the at ground experience…tickets+beer+food = empty wallet
    2. second to take the hit will be watching sports at the pub with a few mates..4 beers each and fries =a half empty wallet
    3. staying home and having a few friends over to watch sky sports $44.99 + byo beers= keeping your house

Skysports will prove pretty resilient I think.

No longer a holder..just a watcher
    Last edited by Perky; 29-01-2023 at 06:46 PM.

Guru

Everyone’s position will be different. Depending how bad the economy gets I think the first thing to go from peoples sport watching budgets will be
    1. taking the family to the at ground experience…tickets+beer+food = empty wallet
    2. second to take the hit will be watching sports at the pub with a few mates..4 beers each and fries =a half empty wallet
    3. staying home and having a few friends over to watch sky sports $44.99 + byo beers= keeping your house

Skysports will prove pretty resilient I think.

No longer a holder..just a watcher
    Indeed. In that case they should jack SSN monthly sub up to $59.99 per month.

They have a great business with incredible pricing power.