sharetrader
Page 139 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 39891291351361371381391401411421431491892396391139 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 14173
    Guru

Sky just reverted to a single NEON package (TV + Movies) and slashed the price to $13.95 per month.

Pretty aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Sky just reverted to a single NEON package (TV + Movies) and slashed the price to $13.95 per month.

Pretty aggressive.
    And best of all...they automatically lowered the price for existing customers. This truely is a whole new SKY.

Very interesting.

The new CEO has increased the short term risks to dividends, revenue and profits, but it does appear that he's going to have an honest go at ensuring Sky actually has a future.
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by tga_trader View Post
    And best of all...they automatically lowered the price for existing customers. This truely is a whole new SKY.
    New management making a lot of brave moves..... going to be interesting to see if they can turn this one around. (Don't hold but watching with interest.)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tga_trader View Post
    Unless you were on the TV-only package for $11.99/month.

They will have to pay $2/month more but are going to get a vast array of movies in return.

Gee, Twitter and facebook are awash with comments about just how good Sky was and how they never dropped the ball (pun intended) on big games. So unfair! Are these people crazy?

Sky is just for the fuddy-duddy who hasn't embraced the new technology. It's for those sticks in the mud who can't be bothered: buying a chrome cast; upgrading a TV; finding out that the new TV was not quite the right model; updating a device to stream to the TV; finding out that the whole thing wasn't working anyway and then switching back to broadcast TV to watch it on Duke anyway. Just Luddites.

I streamed the Cricket World Cup via Sky, it worked well but assume they must have just got lucky. Oh and the Ashes worked perfectly too in 1080p and not one frame was dropped over 25 days of cricket but yeah, what would Sky know. Just so yesterday.

And then there's this bloke, some marketing expert with decades of experience who claims:

"But as a sports fan, I know the picture on Spark Sport is not as good as it would be on Sky.

Goodale says the point of technology is really to move things forward and improve the experience, but Spark simply hasn't done that in this instance.

"You have to ask whether Spark really needs to be in this space when there have been operations like Sky doing it for a long time and do it really well."

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12269788

Wow, this guy needs to get with the programme. Sky, you know, is just not sexy.

Last edited by Bobdn; 22-09-2019 at 05:16 PM.

percy

As an old fuddy-duddy I just can not be bothered with the new technology.
    Installed Sky when it came to ChCh for Formula 1,and Rugby,.
    Now no Formula 1, so I catch up on YouTube.
    WCR I just went on line and read reports, and You Tube high lights this morning.
    Must admit I had a fantastic day at Ashley Forest Rally Sprint today.Standard of driving was excellent.
    Haydon Paddon was absolutely incredible.
    Great meeting,great organisation.

ps.Own Spark shares and have Spark for phone and internet.
    Do not own any Sky shares.
    Last edited by percy; 22-09-2019 at 08:07 PM.

Nice that you had a lovely day out. I went for a ride on my scooter and bought some chelsea buns at New World.

I think this will be an interesting week ahead.
    Last edited by Bobdn; 23-09-2019 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    As an old fuddy-duddy I just can not be bothered with the new technology.
    ...so I catch up on YouTube.
    It is literally exactly the same to stream on Spark Sport as it it to watch a video on Youtube. People get nervous when they hear 'streaming' or 'on demand' but you've been doing it on Youtube for years, it's just a different website or App.
    Don't be scared of new technology Percy, you might find you like it.

I'll accept part of your "fuddy-duddy" argument but not all of it.

To be honest, part of the fuddy-duddy argument would have to be aimed at my wife - she LIKES the fact that you push one button to turn on the TV, another button to turn on the Sky, and that's it. It's simple; it works. If she has to start firing up Netflix to watch one series, Amazon Prime to watch something else, Lightbox for a movie, TVNZ Ondemand for yet something else she just won't want to know.

Keep in mind also, that Sky still has the monopoly on UK TV, and the programs on there appeal to a lot of people. AFAIK there is no LEGAL alternative to watch UK TV here in NZ.