sharetrader
Page 14 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824641145141014 ... LastLast

Thanks for info, I need to watch that in future. The company releases to market said record date 8th March

Theres usually a 2 day lag to allow for administrative stuff and office crapola.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Thanks for info, I need to watch that in future. The company releases to market said record date 8th March

Veteran novice

"Record date" means as recorded on the share register. With settlement 3 days after a trade (T+3) it would have been necessary to have bought by Tuesday the 5th for the transfer to be "recorded" by Friday 8th March.

Thanks

That makes sense.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    Do any of the SKT investors have any new info on the NRL TV deal? I really think this could be bad for SKT if they don't work something out and there is not much more than 24 hours to go. I've heard the NRL or ARL (what ever they are called) are playing hardball on this one and have been in talks with Moari TV, amongst others for some kind of split deal which would see Sky NOT getting rights to all the games. I still suspect SKT will conceede here and work out some kind of deal because they have too much to lose.
    Today is the day,that yesterday we worried about,and all is well.
    Yes SKY have the NRL.
    No surprises there.!!!!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    I wonder who backed off? I suspect Sky were the ones who had to concede. Numbers I was hearing was the season cost them $12m last year but the NRL was asking $25m for this season. Will we be privy to those numbers?
    Funny being on sharetrader.I would have thought NRL would have backed off.!!!!!I don't think we will be privy to those numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    "record date" means as recorded on the share register. With settlement 3 days after a trade (t+3) it would have been necessary to have bought by tuesday the 5th for the transfer to be "recorded" by friday 8th march.

not correct macd..........you will receive the divi even if you purchase on the last "cum div" date........you are actually recorded via the share purchase system and the divi will find its way thru to the new "owner" even tho the sale/purchase has not yet been registered with the appropriate registry. You buy those shares.........you own them.......therefore you are naturally entitled to the divi if it's pre the "x" date. The record date is not the registry record date but the sale/purchase record date.
    Have a Gr8day.

Veteran novice

Thanks, GR8. I stand corrected. Never been too concerned about the record date, myself, but take care to note whether buying or selling cum or ex div.

GR8DAY check with your broker the NZX has adopted the ASX system of three dates to the best of my Knowledge.
    Possum The Cat

Quote Originally Posted by POSSUM THE CAT View Post
    GR8DAY check with your broker the NZX has adopted the ASX system of three dates to the best of my Knowledge.

OK possum.......I may be wrong cos Like Macduff Ive never been too concerned about those dates but I can only repeat how it has transpired for me a couple of times ie getting a surprise divi I wasnt expecting. Apologies Macd if iv put you wrong.
    Have a Gr8day.