sharetrader
Page 1400 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 4009001300135013901396139713981399140014011402140314041410 ... LastLast
Results 13,991 to 14,000 of 14177
    Membaa

Another thing lost on some of the previous and some current investors is the constant slagging of the Chair, the Board, the CEO and the management.

But if you put on the lens of their 'timing' of their own investing in SKT and their obvious confidence in doing so, you'll see that they were way smarter than has been given credit for. Whether or not the company gets bought out, or not, they're all well in the money.

Never slag an insiders investment in the company they work for, more-so look at the timing of their investment and ask yourself, 'why would an insider put so much of their own cash into the company right now?' 'What do they know that I don't'.

Common investment thesis is that you can't 'time the market', I say BS to that! Just look for the signs, and don't be blindsided by people who would rather heap negative sentiment on them like they're incompetent and don't have any idea what they're doing.

They do know what they're doing, they know way more than we do about the company, and they're backing it with their own money! Timing, is everything. Insider investments is a very good indicator. Insiders have a significant stake in the outcomes of SKT, it's their own money that they're investing.

Why would they do that, and why would they do that when they did it? Think about it.

So the Board and Management decided that the offer to takeover the company was sufficiently formed for them to decide to stop the buyback from the first day after the full year results announcement in August.

And yet...

Not sufficiently formed to advise ALL of the company owners that an "offer" to takeover the company had been made.

Instead saying nothing and apparently deciding that the "from time to time" wording of the 31st of March Announcement was the reason as to why the previously stated buyback was paused, and deciding that that meant they didn't have to say anything about pausing the buyback.

We are implored to invest in the sharemarket to steer us away from the over reliance on property investment in this country and we are encouraged by the spouting of the supposed requirement for listed entities to provide continuous disclosure. Time after time black and white evidence appears that confirms continuous disclosure is a crock.

Also quite bewildering is that the company secretary belatedly makes an announcement re pausing the buyback, giving the reason of a potential buyout, and decides that isn't price sensitive.

Guru

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ND6RD23JRK56E/

Fluff piece on Sophie.

Very sad news about her brother. I lost someone to cancer recently too, and understand the grief.

NZR the big deal everyone watching now. If they go co-exclusive it will clearly be cheaper than going exclusive…but not as much cheaper as Sophie and the team might like to think.

It’s a damn difficult position to be in, quite frankly.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Common investment thesis is that you can't 'time the market', I say BS to that! Just look for the signs, and don't be blindsided by people who would rather heap negative sentiment on them like they're incompetent and don't have any idea what they're doing.

With respect BaaBaa, 'timing the market' and what you are referring to are two totally different things. Doing what you are highlighting is buying a company at the right price and for the right reasons such as insider activity and what not. But this isn't what 'timing the market' means.

If anyone could indeed have any tiny edge timing the market, they could just get in and out of the NZ50 or SP500 at the right time, even one trade a year, and then beat those respective indexes. You'd soon have a pretty big kiwisaver fund...

Timing when to buy an individual company is a totally different matter altogether.

How long does it take to agree a price and terms…

An article on Stuff behind the paywall with only the opening paragraph visible is speculating Silver Lake the outfit who brought into the NZRU is the mysterious suitor for SKT.

https://www.thepress.co.nz/a/busines...nd-sky-tv-play

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Last edited by Marilyn Munroe; 22-10-2023 at 04:13 AM. Reason: malformed URL
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    An article on Stuff behind the paywall with only the opening paragraph visible is speculating Silver Lake the outfit who brought into the NZRU is the mysterious suitor for SKT.

https://www.thepress.co.nz/a/busines...nd-sky-tv-play

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Let’s see.

But I would have thought SL is unlikely given the Regulatory headwinds they would face.

... have power to make you great

My neighbour watches Sky Open where games are broadcast for free, while I subscribe to SSN paying hundreds per year. May as well cancel my sub if the eventual suitor lets this freebie stay

Guru

Sky Box sh@t itself during the All Black/Ireland match the other weekend (thankfully could still watch, otherwise......). Burning smell and the hard drive is gone - so no recording, no pausing, almost impossible to use the planner etc.

Wife has been dealing with Sky, and mostly have been reasonably OK/good, except that we still waiting for a replacement. Part of the delay is that the old box has been 'discontinued' and on to the new box. So they had to get approval to send out a new box.

Have a bit of trepidation given the reviews. Said here I wasn't going to pay for the new box and little interest in it, but ended up with one anyway......

Will report in once it finally turns up (we chose to self-install) and can use it.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Sky Box sh@t itself during the All Black/Ireland match the other weekend (thankfully could still watch, otherwise......). Burning smell and the hard drive is gone - so no recording, no pausing, almost impossible to use the planner etc.

Wife has been dealing with Sky, and mostly have been reasonably OK/good, except that we still waiting for a replacement. Part of the delay is that the old box has been 'discontinued' and on to the new box. So they had to get approval to send out a new box.

Have a bit of trepidation given the reviews. Said here I wasn't going to pay for the new box and little interest in it, but ended up with one anyway......

Will report in once it finally turns up (we chose to self-install) and can use it.
    So glad I still have the old box. That said, I still have the subscription too which is inertia on my part...