sharetrader
Page 1414 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 414914131413641404141014111412141314141415141614171418 LastLast
Results 14,131 to 14,140 of 14174
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Let’s not forget that it wasn’t that long ago I was down 90%…

We don't.... About what you were down when you capitulated.

... have power to make you great

Made a good profit buying at mid teens (0.17 = 1.70) and selling mid 2s (2.60) as well as dividends. Thanks to MT and co. PS he was a lot more fun in those days.

NewsTalk ZB- Sophie Maloney: On Sky TV taking on TVNZ with free-to-air sport
    https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1049-...st_follow_link

Do not invest in this company, they have many one-sided contracts and make it very difficult to cancel their service. The New white box is a bad joke

This lady is very good at spin, but hopeless at customer service. Don't invest here.

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
    NewsTalk ZB- Sophie Maloney: On Sky TV taking on TVNZ with free-to-air sport
    https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1049-...st_follow_link
    Says it will be a boon for SKY, am pondering whether I need SSN

Guru

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/426611

Sky Network Television Limited (Sky) announces another period of growth, delivering increases in allkey metrics through a strong focus on execution.

Key results1:
    • +3.7% growth in Revenue to $392.7 million, driven by strong growth in Sky Sport Now, Advertisingand Broadband
    • +11.1% growth in EBITDA2to $81.7 million
    • +10.5% growth in NPAT to $29.0 million
    • Increased Interim dividend of 7 cents per share, 100% imputed (from 6 cents per share, +16.7%)
    • Full Year dividend guidance increased to at least 17.5 cents per share (from at least 15 cents pershare, +16.7%)
    • New share buyback programme for up to $15 million to be launched following the expiry of thecurrent programme

Guru

I finally cut the cord yesterday. That process in itself was excruciating. As the Mrs pointed out, we don't watch anything on SKY anymore. Now the cricket has migrated to channel 1, and TVNZ+ offers a streaming service, many other shows are on you tube or other platforms. Why would I pay over $100 a month for SKY?

To add insult to injury, I was charged an additional $10 late payment fee (yes I was late but it was the first time in over 8 years and happened to be over Christmas New Years) so I told them quite politely that this was a stupid ridiculous charge that was the catalyst in them losing me as a customer.

Time to self destroy in 3,2,1....

Interesting to see what the market thinks of this report today. Seems positive to me, but not hugely so. Buy back is on again, dividend to be paid, revenue is flat to slightly up, decent amount of cash, positive forward guidance...

Capex is still high, they say this should trend down as the big years of tech renewal are behind them.....

Good for $3 per share soon?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I finally cut the cord yesterday. That process in itself was excruciating. As the Mrs pointed out, we don't watch anything on SKY anymore. Now the cricket has migrated to channel 1, and TVNZ+ offers a streaming service, many other shows are on you tube or other platforms. Why would I pay over $100 a month for SKY?

To add insult to injury, I was charged an additional $10 late payment fee (yes I was late but it was the first time in over 8 years and happened to be over Christmas New Years) so I told them quite politely that this was a stupid ridiculous charge that was the catalyst in them losing me as a customer.

Time to self destroy in 3,2,1....
    Just had a quick squiz at the results.

1. I think the big 'good news' story for Sky is that they increased Sky Sport NOW subs by 56K compared to the same time last year. Very good, and over time they could easily double those subs.
    2. However, the steady 2-3% churn of Sky Box customers continues despite the new Sky Box being released. Of the 16K STB customers lost since a year ago, 14K of them were cord cutting in the last 6 months (the big increase in Sky Sport was probably the catalyst). With an ARPU of $83/month that is ~$16M gone. Need to keep an eye on these subs to see if the cord cutting escalates. A lot will opt for SSN which is great, but ARPU is half STB so revenue still takes a hit.
    3. With NEON, I had heard anecdotally about a lot of people cancelling their sub in favour of competitor services. Losing 41K subs compared to the same time last year is a bit of a worry. The price to value for this Entertainment service should be a no-brainer for kiwis. However, clearly consumers are seeing better value elsewhere (and that is despite NEON having HBO etc).
    4. Good to see some small increases in GAAP earnings, and slight lift in divvy. But also worth nothing that after all was said and done, the cash balance still decreased by $8.6M. All good and well to continue with buybacks if they think the SP is low, and to pay out dividends... but that will not be able to go on forever at the rate they are paying out unless they can find a way to increase FCF.