sharetrader
Page 143 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 43931331391401411421431441451461471531932436431143 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 14173

The 5 year SKT chart tracks the demise of a company that did not change/adapt with the times
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    For me it is potentially a game changer. Cricket is a big reason why I do have SKY. Will have to wait and see what happens. Not happy about this though. Streaming cricket is going to be awful.
    To be fair SKY had all the opportunity under the regime of Fellet & co to be more customer centric and be future proof in their offerings. Instead they just sat there with all greed and never really bothered to be listen to what customer wants and how new digital era of steaming is changing with competitors lurking in the corner.

This really is a massive loss for Sky and it does show that Spark is serious. I thought they might drop the whole thing after the RWC, but clearly not.

Sky is pretty much holding onto Rugby now, what's left? If they lost that, game over.

Advanced Member

I'm tempted to buy some here. Who cares about the cricket. "Generation TV" won't cancel because of this.

If anything, this might be a turning point. Sky should drop all the Sports Channels, and just focus on things like "UK TV, Jones, Living, Discovery" etc. These shows cost nothing to buy and older generations will watch them right up until they die. The baby boomers still have another 30 years left.

Sub $1 is a great buy here.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Cricketfan View Post
    Why's that?
    Because it is delayed by a heck of a lot so you are not getting pics in real time. Sky was about 5-7 seconds behind real time, streaming closer to 40 seconds behind. That is one reason. The second is streaming relies on too many differing factors. Broadband sometimes fails, so there is another complicating factor. IN addition the streaming picture is not as clear as the SKY one.

Advanced Member

Sky is keeping the money dry to go all out for the Sanzar Rugby rights which is very bad and expensive for the end consumer because I can't see Sky Sports Now dropping it's price. Sky Sports had/have a great product. Great production and talent. I'm upset at them for being asleep at the wheel for too long.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    To be fair SKY had all the opportunity under the regime of Fellet & co to be more customer centric and be future proof in their offerings. Instead they just sat there with all greed and never really bothered to be listen to what customer wants and how new digital era of steaming is changing with competitors lurking in the corner.
    Definitely this. Fellet stayed way too long and left when his feet started to get wet.

The basis is Sky used to have everything in sports. You had to buy sky if you wanted to watch sport. That certainly has changed now. Meanwhile sky movies ect is not an attractive proposition when you have the likes of Netflix and fibre. The share price really is showing doomsday, bad whens the last time there's been good news from sky.

Also they need to make an announcement about their position on losing these key rights. The silence is deafening

NZ Rugby and Sanzar are probably ****ting themselves about now,just signed a nice big fat deal with Sky and they could go down the toilet.They won't get much for their rights with no competition!

Guru

Down 17% to 92c. Market loving it (not).