sharetrader
Page 148 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 48981381441451461471481491501511521581982486481148 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 14173
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    misatea, sky will 100% need to win rugby - whatever it costs. I don't think there's any doubt about that.
    "Whatever it costs?" So, if SPK bid $900M...Sky should bid $1 billion?

Sky need to dig deep to try hold onto rugby absolutely, I agree 100%. But I do not agree that they should win it at any cost.

misatea, sky will 100% need to win rugby - whatever it costs. I don't think there's any doubt about that.
    I respectfully disagree, (actually couldn't disagree more), and think this is the sort of, "we must win this regardless of cost" mindset that will wreck the company and its resources and as its the mindset that's currently prevailing within managements current strategy and as such I think the company is presently uninvestable.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I can send you a link that lets u watch CNBC FOX CNN and others pretty reliably if not in HD.
    No VPN required. Easy. That was something I missed as well.
    Thanks mate, CNBC not in HD on SKY anyway. Yes, please send me a link via PM or on here for others benefit.
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-10-2019 at 03:05 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

The Super Rugby contest is a mess for another year. Personally I have little interest in the conference system contest. I don’t think that will save SKY with its current format.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I respectfully disagree, (actually couldn't disagree more), and think this is the sort of, "we must win this regardless of cost" mindset that will wreck the company and its resources and as its the mindset that's currently prevailing within managements current strategy and as such I think the company is presently uninvestable.
    Sport is the ONLY reason I would consider SKY. To many other options for movies and other programming.
    Disc. Not a subscriber or an investor currently.

No one has mentioned piracy either - that hasn't gone anywhere.

In fact I just looked and a popular SOHO series is showing episode 6 in the US today. That same episode won't play on SKY until next week. They are playing episode 5 this week instead.

Haven't SKY just bought a Rugby streaming platform....?

Is it too simplistic to believe that with that newfound expertise they could create and reliably provide a "volleyball" or "antiques revisited" streaming platform...?

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    They would lose hundreds of thousands of subscribers if they lost local rugby and All Blacks matches. You can't be the 'home of sports' without the All Blacks and the Black Caps can you?

With nearly 800k subscribers could they handle losing such subscriber numbers with the high fix costs they incur?

Guru

It would be a significant blow, nobody is saying it wouldn’t.

We are just highlighting that sky cannot pay ‘any price’ for the content.

It is entirely possible that Spark could outbid them. If they are willing to pay double what Sky is, then that’s that.

But if they do, who will it ultimately hurt more? Spark or Sky?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    It would be a significant blow, nobody is saying it wouldn’t.

We are just highlighting that sky cannot pay ‘any price’ for the content.

It is entirely possible that Spark could outbid them. If they are willing to pay double what Sky is, then that’s that.

But if they do, who will it ultimately hurt more? Spark or Sky?
    Can you really see satellite broadcasting beating the internet? It's only a matter of time.