sharetrader
Page 161 of 1417 FirstFirst ... 611111511571581591601611621631641651712112616611161 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 14170

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Still no SSH

So all those zillions of shares just churned by the instos

No ‘corporate’ activity?
    Perhaps some idiots are confused and think its SKT thats been having the giant BBQ this week.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Still no SSH

So all those zillions of shares just churned by the instos

No ‘corporate’ activity?
    After my initial email to the NZX I did receive a reply saying my email had been forwarded on to their "surveillance team".

Still haven't heard anything back - but it does seem weird to me that not a single disclosure has been made after such a large amount of shares traded hands.

Maybe it was the cyborgs selling and then quickly buying, thereby not actually changing the ownership structure at all?
    Last edited by mistaTea; 26-10-2019 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    After my initial email to the NZX I did receive a reply saying my email had been forwarded on to their "surveillance team".

Still haven't heard anything back - but it does seem weird to me that not a single disclosure has been made after such a large amount of shares traded hands.

Maybe it was the cyborgs selling and then quickly buying, thereby not actually changing the ownership structure at all?
    Sure as hell it wasnt that waste of space , Sharesies. When will they fiter those trival time wasting daily announcements off the Announcement page? Cant be that hard. Maybe they could consult Peter Beck.

One has to wonder if Sky has overpaid for those rugby rights now. New coach, new captains, new players.... this could be a rebuild for a few years.

Everyone will want to watch to see how they go!

Did have a thought in the back of my mind that a 3 peat would be a big hurdle to climb and so it was.
    Some ways if we don't win next time coach may not be under so much pressure all other things being equal.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Cobber View Post
    One has to wonder if Sky has overpaid for those rugby rights now. New coach, new captains, new players.... this could be a rebuild for a few years.
    We have bombed out of World Cup Tournament's before, with heads rolling as a result.

New Zealander's still like watching rugby. And the All Blacks are still a wonderful brand. And the international rugby result will not impact those who enjoy watching Super Rugby at all (why would it?).

Good reminder for the country too - though the AB's are an amazing team, there isn't a lot in it now between the top 5 or 6 rugby teams in the world (in terms of technical skill). Ultimately this is fantastic for the sport (even though we are sad our team won't make history by winning the RWC 3 times in a row).

Not looking good. I was contemplating picking up some last week but held off. Knife catching is a dangerous game and one never ceases to be amazed at what the market can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Not looking good. I was contemplating picking up some last week but held off. Knife catching is a dangerous game and one never ceases to be amazed at what the market can do.
    Agreed. The next 12 months will be telling. Lost Disney. Lost cricket. Apple+ launches. The reality is they are fighting for people's time.

Mediaworks Three Now is struggling. TVNZ struggling.

Apart from rugby... what's left??!!

Will subscriptions need to be reduced to maintain numbers? How does that affect revenue?

Falling knife alright.

Sky has lost only domestic cricket from April right? All the good stuff is still on Sky for years and years to come - NZ international cricket, Ashes; BBL, T20 World Cup, ODI World Cup, IPL. Sky have lost...the Super Smash (and as an ardent cricket fan, I never watched one game) and other domestic cricket.

I'll sign up for SkySportNow for 12 months on 1 November for $40 per month to watch the England Tour of NZ, everything in between (including BBL and IPL) and T20 world cup in October. And some Olympics if I can be bothered.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Sky has lost only domestic cricket from April right? All the good stuff is still on Sky for years and years to come - NZ international cricket, Ashes; BBL, T20 World Cup, ODI World Cup, IPL. Sky have lost...the Super Smash (and as an ardent cricket fan, I never watched one game) and other domestic cricket.

I'll sign up for SkySportNow for 12 months on 1 November for $40 per month to watch the England Tour of NZ, everything in between (including BBL and IPL) and T20 world cup in October. And some Olympics if I can be bothered.
    Yes and they still have a lot of entertainment content too.

People focus on sport for some reason. It is important for them to hang on to key sporting content...

But the majority of their subscribers don’t subscribe to Sport. They want the entertainment channels.

They have a contract with HBO that still has a few years to run. Plus a whole range of other channels that people do like to watch.

I believe they are working on a new Sky TV app which would enable you to watch Sky without the need of a set top box. So they will be able to offer cheaper bundles.

With a little luck the new app will have an ON DEMAND focus, with linear as a secondary option.

When that comes out I will consider canceling my NEON and Sky Sport NOW subscriptions in favour of a more comprehensive Sky TV bundle. If the pricing makes sense...