sharetrader
Page 165 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 651151551611621631641651661671681691752152656651165 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 14173

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    What's everyone's concensus on sky at the mo. One really bad result with no dividend. Will they return to a reduced dividend in March I'm actually surprised buy the continued drop.
    Some beleave SKY is in a no mans land filled with shell holes and mud.

However if you want an outside broadcast unit for a sports event who are you going to call?

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    Some beleave SKY is in a no mans land filled with shell holes and mud.

However if you want an outside broadcast unit for a sports event who are you going to call?

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Yes and the market has severely overreacted.

Ultimately I believe Spark's successful entry into Sport will be their undoing. They were very successful at presenting a strong argument to block the Sky-Vodafone merger.

All of that is out the window now - through partnerships Spark can even produce live sport domestically now. Zero argument possible now that Sky could ever have a stranglehold on live sport now that an $8B company has shown there are very low barriers to entry.

Given Sky is still a very profitable business, and can be a complimentary service to telco, utilities etc...Sky will have much more scope to move forward I believe without worrying so much about the regulators.

Martin Stewart was on his way back from the UK when he signed the rugby deal. I do not believe he was over there on holiday!

One could speculate he was talking to his mates at Sky UK (he worked there before) to either get general advice on how to diversify revenue streams as they have...or something else entirely given Comcast just purchased them.

Best not to speculate too much - but I certainly find the whole thing just so damn fascinating.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 05-11-2019 at 02:42 PM.

So the Commonwealth Games still exist ...where were the last ones?

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/344071
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Gold Coast.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Pffffffttttt………..they give us the chance to win lots of medals!

Last ones were on the Goldie. Next ones in Brum.

Guru

I would have thought a Spark-TVNZ combo would have held on to the rights since TVNZ is the incumbent.

TVNZ recently made comments that they wanted to maintain and expand their existing line up...and Spark are clearly very hungry to grab new content to bolster their offering.

Commonwealth Games. I liken them to a school sports day. Show an interest if your own children are competing, otherwise it is a non-event.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Commonwealth Games. I liken them to a school sports day. Show an interest if your own children are competing, otherwise it is a non-event.
    Their viewership statistics suggest 2.5 million people tuned in to watch the 2016 Rio Olympics.

Even if only half of that tune in to watch the Commonwealth Games (be it via a paid subscription or free-to-air Prime) it is not what I would consider a 'non-event'.

And you can bet that if the announcement this morning said that Spark-TVNZ have partnered up this year and held on to the Commonwealth Games...people would be kicking Sky in the ass with declarations of 'yet another nail in the coffin!'.

Poor b@stards just can't win.

OK mistaTea, perhaps not a non-event, I am just expressing my own lack of interest. But as I am off topic I will say no more.

Could be TVNZ decided that the time zones were not going to work for them this time round,it must be difficult to sell advertising for events in the middle of the night.Sky are not so reliant on advertising revenue,so it probably works better for them.So proably a bit of commonsense all round.