sharetrader
Page 172 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 721221621681691701711721731741751761822222726721172 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 14173

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Gut feel says this is another bad move.
    Mine too. Wouldn't be surprised to see Spark get a wee lift on the back of this, but not Sky. We will see.

I really don't see how this is a good move. Id bet a majority of current lightbox sub's come for free with spark broadband, and the content isn't exactly good enough for people to subscribe once they stop this

Long Member

Quote Originally Posted by 676767 View Post
    I really don't see how this is a good move. Id bet a majority of current lightbox sub's come for free with spark broadband, and the content isn't exactly good enough for people to subscribe once they stop this

As a spark broadband customer - this is exactly how I feel. I think in the past 12mths outside of the handmaids tale, I haven't watched anything on Lightbox in months. I cant see myself paying for a specific subscription to this

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by 676767 View Post
    I agree. I get “free” Lightbox with my Spark Broadband and I wont be subscribing to it in the future thats for sure

light box is rubbish as a past user when it was provided free. would never pay for it and i doubt sky will ever be able to make it a competitor to netflix or any of the big competitors due to enter NZ next year. prediction sky subscribers leaving will accellerate when the big competitors arrive next year and by then as well disney will have begun ramping up with there original content.
    one step ahead of the herd

For a while Lightbox was good. It had all the ScandiNoir stuff like The Bridge, etc, but nowadays it seems to be only American crap on there.

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Gut feel says this is another bad move.
    I agree also and I think the reason is that Sky's brand is absolutely poisoned in New Zealand.

That said, consolidation of the local players to compete against Disney, Netflix, etc seems smart versus a disjointed offering, and if they really nail the proposition to VF and now Spark broadband subs it could work. Spark customers were previously off limits for Sky so to speak.
    Last edited by Entrep; 19-12-2019 at 11:37 AM.

Guru

Interesting comments above.

Two comments from me:

1) Sky are investing in upgrading their NEON platform. I believe they will most likely move the Lightbox content over to the refreshed NEON. This will mean that NEON will not only have HBO/Showtime/FX etc but also some of the great content Lightbox have from Hulu etc.

2) Sky is going to have a wholesale agreement with Spark. So Spark customers will get access to the new NEON for "free" (just as they currently do with Lightbox) if they have a qualifying broadband or mobile plan.
    Spark benefit because they are offering their customers an even better SVOD service if they use their internet or mobile services.

Sky benefit because their subscription numbers are about to Sky rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Interesting comments above.

Two comments from me:

1) Sky are investing in upgrading their NEON platform. I believe they will most likely move the Lightbox content over to the refreshed NEON. This will mean that NEON will not only have HBO/Showtime/FX etc but also some of the great content Lightbox have from Hulu etc.

2) Sky is going to have a wholesale agreement with Spark. So Spark customers will get access to the new NEON for "free" (just as they currently do with Lightbox) if they have a qualifying broadband or mobile plan.
    Spark benefit because they are offering their customers an even better SVOD service if they use their internet or mobile services.

Sky benefit because their subscription numbers are about to Sky rocket.
    lightbox was never going to survive as a stand alone service nor was neon , looks like a convenient marriage to last a little longer. i imagine when the streaming wars get into full swing between the international majors sky will lose more content as they all take it in house to promote there own services.
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

SP just dropped to 69c. Unreal!

They just announce that they are merging a competitor’s content with their own.

They just announce that their subs are about to Skyrocket as they will have a wholesale agreement with the countries largest telco.

And after an early (very small bump) in SP in earlier trading...the stock is now about to close at its lowest price ever.

How can Sky possibly be worth LESS today than it was yesterday?