sharetrader
Page 173 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 731231631691701711721731741751761771832232736731173 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 14173
    Advanced Member

Might be time to remove those rose tinted specs - sky are moving far to late and far too slowly they will continue to lose content and viewers I think mr market is valuing this one correctly

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by boysy View Post
    Might be time to remove those rose tinted specs - sky are moving far to late and far too slowly they will continue to lose content and viewers I think mr market is valuing this one correctly
    If ‘everyone’ is correct about Sky being on a path of certain failure, with no hope of prosperity (apparently no matter what they do!) then the current SP makes even less sense!

It should be $0.00!!

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    If ‘everyone’ is correct about Sky being on a path of certain failure, with no hope of prosperity (apparently no matter what they do!) then the current SP makes even less sense!

It should be $0.00!!
    probably will be one day
    one step ahead of the herd

see apple in talks with MGM so if sucessful skt might lose the mgm content

Guru

I wonder if the new service will be based on the NEON platform...or if they will stick with Lightbox.

Some people I know have reported issues with Lightbox...but I have never had any. And they have a great AppleTV app - so that fulfils my selfish requirements

Will also be interesting to see what the cost will be for the new service.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    I wonder if the new service will be based on the NEON platform...or if they will stick with Lightbox.

Some people I know have reported issues with Lightbox...but I have never had any. And they have a great AppleTV app - so that fulfils my selfish requirements

Will also be interesting to see what the cost will be for the new service.
    spark gave it away for free to people because it wasnt a able to charge the product as a stand alone service as for sky im sure they will be looking to rort everyone with pricing lol

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    spark gave it away for free to people because it wasnt a able to charge the product as a stand alone service as for sky im sure they will be looking to rort everyone with pricing lol
    Yeah Spark struggles to get paying subs because, though they do have some good stuff on there, there just isn’t enough to justify paying a monthly subscription. I have only ever used it as a “freebie” with my broadband.

Nice app though. And Sky can maybe lift their NEON subs by a couple or bucks a month when they combine the Lightbox content.

Spark customers still get it for “free”. Good deal I think.

Guru

Looks like it will take a few months before they figure out how they are going to merge the two platforms, and transition customers over etc.

Any predictions on subscription numbers that will be reported in Feb?

If the platforms have not been merged by the HY report, I am thinking it will be about 1.2M subs.

That would account for further reduction in the satellite base (prob not as severe a reduction as the last couple of years) as well as gains in NEON, Sky Sport NOW, RugbyPass and the 350,000 Lightbox customers that Spark will start paying Sky wholesale rates for.

Of course, once NEON and Lightbox are merged the numbers will drop slightly. I have no idea how many existing NEON customers are also Lightbox customers too though.

I have NEON, Lightbox and Sky Sport NOW. So I will be considered '3 subscribers' until the merger when I will drop back to being viewed as 2 subs.

MistaT - share price still in doldrums eh

Likely to stabilise around current level or drift further?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    MistaT - share price still in doldrums eh

Likely to stabilise around current level or drift further?
    Yes indeed, Mr Market still maintains a very pessimistic view of the company. Predicting whether he becomes more depressed or more optimistic in the short-medium term is really not my game.

The SP could be 1c/share or $2/share tomorrow and neither one would make me feel happy or sad. Since the stock doesn't have any feelings for me, I have no feelings for the stock.

All I care about is what the business is doing. If the SP ever exceeded my value estimate I might sell. Or if the story ever changed, and the current SP exceeded my revised value estimate I might decide to sell too.

Conversely., I keep buying.

Beyond that, I don't really care and keep doing what I am best at - which is doing nothing.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 06-01-2020 at 08:23 PM. Reason: clarification