sharetrader
Page 190 of 1417 FirstFirst ... 901401801861871881891901911921931942002402906901190 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 14170
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Sky need to follow spark and make sport free for a while.
    If they do not people are going to cancel, and will probably not come back.
    Sky is in a completely different situation to Spark. Not a reasonable comparison at all imo.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Sky is in a completely different situation to Spark. Not a reasonable comparison at all imo.
    It up to Sky, but if they do not they will lose a lot of subscribers, many permanently

Guru

To be fair mate, and with nothing but kindness in my heart...it is ridiculous (in my very humble opinion!) that you are paying damn near a hundy a month when the only content you really care for is Sport. Your other half doesn't need MySky for TV1 and 3 as there are apps for both where you can watch On Demand.

From a pure profit maximisation perspective I thank you for kicking so much money in the tin each month. But dude, you could get a NEON/Sky Sport combo for $53.94 per month (damn near half what you are paying). You get a great Sport streaming app with the sport you like (outside of coronavirus times) as well as access to HBO, Showtime, FX, Rialto which I am sure your lady would enjoy.

I can't see why you haven't just done that anyway if you truly value the rest of the content you only occasionally watch (CNBC etc) so little.

I have the old FANPASS pricing for my Sky Sport NOW sub ($38.95 per month). No doubt that helps me be a bit more philosophical than you about Sky's partners being forced to reduce their offerings in the short-medium term!
    Totally agree with your sentiments. It is a combination of apathy and the Mrs just likes the remote that is so familiar. She would be frustrated with having to stream. My TV does offer streaming but I find it slower and the quality not as good as the SKY product so am willing to perservere for now. Till... they offer no sport when the whole lot goes out the window. So they would have to offer something good. We also have Netflix (via a vodafone offer) so not sure what SKY can do to come to the party except offer the movies. (Or a good discount on the sub)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Totally agree with your sentiments. It is a combination of apathy and the Mrs just likes the remote that is so familiar. She would be frustrated with having to stream. My TV does offer streaming but I find it slower and the quality not as good as the SKY product so am willing to perservere for now. Till... they offer no sport when the whole lot goes out the window. So they would have to offer something good. We also have Netflix (via a vodafone offer) so not sure what SKY can do to come to the party except offer the movies. (Or a good discount on the sub)
    If you have a decent internet connection, you would much prefer Sky Sport NOW. The UI is much better than MySky. If your TV isn't up to snuff on the streaming front you can get a Chromecast 4K and it will do the job nicely. If you want an even better user experience you could get an Apple TV 4K (that's what I use and I have never looked back). HD quality live broadcasts, and I have not had any issues.

Only downside compared to satellite is that there is an approx 30 second or so delay. So if your mates are watching a match on traditional satellite be careful not to get any spoilers.

Then you can decide if you want to take the entertainment offering for $13.95. I stream NEON - the app is a bit average to use, but it is still a bargain for the amount of content.

OK that's enough of my sales pitch! - I genuinely hope you decide to make the change at some point and save some money mate. It is important that you feel you are getting a fair deal for the content you consume is important. Otherwise, when issues like the coronavirus occur 'The HULK' comes out thrashing because I suspect there is an underlying feeling all along that you are getting ripped off!

Sky are asking the question to current subscribers with possibility of showing a movie channel for free now there is stuff all sports.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by flyer View Post
    Sky are asking the question to current subscribers with possibility of showing a movie channel for free now there is stuff all sports.
    Did you get an email from them?

This will be music to blackcaps ears!

Guru

Did you get an email from them?

This will be music to blackcaps ears!
    That would be great.. have not heard anything from SKY yet but will keep my antenna alert tomorrow.
    Might have a look at sky.co.nz for more info.

Market capitalisation $111,237,762.09

I always thought that talk of Sky being a case study one day were a meme. This is astonishing!!

Guru

The yield on Sky TV’s $100m bond has blown out to 11.5% as concerns rise about the fragility of the company’s balance sheet.

The 6.25% coupon $100 bond matures in March next year but last traded on the NZDX at $94.91.

https://www.nbr.co.nz/story/sky-tv-b...ce=NBR%20Today

Heavily discounted rights issue coming up according to article. Banking facility reduced to 150m and 100m bond issue are the pressers.
    Last edited by blackcap; 19-03-2020 at 03:30 PM.

rights issue?