sharetrader
Page 221 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1211712112172182192202212222232242252312713217211221 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 14173
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    After looking through the various reviews of the latest generation of Vodafone TV - they all seem to be overwhelmingly positive.

I pulled the trigger and purchased one - currently down to $129 on PBTech. You can also get it for $149 from Noel Leeming and get 4 months of Lightbox thrown in. As I get Lightbox as part of my Spark fibre plan, it was no use to me so I just went for the cheapest price for the STB.

Anyway, you might want to consider this Blackcap...works pretty much how your lady is used to on MySky, plus you guys can have all your apps on one platform.

You could subscribe to all of the channels you currently have and only pay $83/month instead of $98/month.

$83 per month works our to only $2.73 per day. Not bad really. Half a cup of decent coffee in Auckland if you're lucky!
    Thanks MT, I will look into it. But we did have a Vodafone thing about 5 years ago and from memory it was very clunky and very slow to respond to the remote. Agonisingly slow and the hard drive did not have much storage on it. But like I said, 5 years ago so things may have progressed since then.

Thought of SKT the other day

Was watching the Sydney races. One of original Mr Sky guys Terry Jarvis owned one of the horses in conjunction with John Key

It ran last
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Does Sky still own that outside broadcast unit?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Does Sky still own that outside broadcast unit?
    Yes Sky does still own OSB.

Last announcement was in December 2019 when they confirmed that they were considering whether or not it still made sense to own the business: https://www.nzx.com/announcements/345239

No more announcements regarding OSB since then.

They purchased OSB back in 2010 for $13.5M. http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...140/122520.pdf

Not sure what NEP would pay in 2020 to become a monopoly in NZ.

Guru

Foxtel just signed a new deal with WarnerBros. So all that HBO content locked in even though HBO max is being released in the USA later this month.

The Biff and Ruggers coming back.....(sans people in Stands)

But no reaction from the market.....

Cord cutting from content aggregators as the most meaningful valuation thematic continues.?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moimoi View Post
    The Biff and Ruggers coming back.....(sans people in Stands)

But no reaction from the market.....

Cord cutting from content aggregators as the most meaningful valuation thematic continues.?
    That, and analysts tend to put a lot of weight on GAAP earnings.

GAAP earnings are fine as a generic measurement but almost useless/meaningless when it comes to Sky TV.

This comment from a publisher..

Sky shareholders also responded moderately positively to the news, sending the company’s shares 1.69% higher to 30c, but still almost 76% lower than how they started the year.

Wow..pun intended

Discl - invested

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    That, and analysts tend to put a lot of weight on GAAP earnings.

GAAP earnings are fine as a generic measurement but almost useless/meaningless when it comes to Sky TV.
    Looks like I was wrong and you were right about sport returning under level 2. Good call. Lets hope that SKY will attract some new customers as you will not be able to go to your local to watch the AB's. (well you will but there will only be a few and you must be seated with spacing)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Looks like I was wrong and you were right about sport returning under level 2. Good call. Lets hope that SKY will attract some new customers as you will not be able to go to your local to watch the AB's. (well you will but there will only be a few and you must be seated with spacing)
    Yeah with limited pub capacity one would think that would lead to an increase in residential sport subs. As it will be some time before we are totally 'back to normal' I would expect the satellite churn rate to drop somewhat, as well as see an increase in Lightbox + NEON subs.

Commercial revenue will be down. I assume Sky has put a hold on the Sport subs for pubs and bars etc for at least two months since they have all been shut.

Some establishments won't open again, and for the others that do open - they will have reduced patronage until our Benevolent Dictators ease restrictions more. I am sure that Sky will do the right thing and reduce their fees based on the lower expected patronage.
    It means less revenue of course, but it is the right thing to do.

Overall revenue has no doubt taken a hit - advertising will be down too. We know that the hit has not been as high as >=30% from the same time last year as Sky have not applied for the wage subsidy.

The question is, has the expected drop in churn for residential satellite and increase in SVOD subs made up for the drop in commercial +advertising revenue. Not completely, but I think we will be pleasantly surprised at how well the business has done considering the crisis.

Just got a message from the courier...my Vodafone TV will arrive shortly. Can't wait to set it up...Sky will be getting a few more bob out of me this month as I add some of their bundles!
    Last edited by mistaTea; 08-05-2020 at 09:00 AM.