sharetrader
Page 222 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1221722122182192202212222232242252262322723227221222 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 14173

Wow. Could be a good opening on Monday if it's expected that we get to level 2 very soon - and thus sports is on the cards again.
    There's quite a late flurry of buying going on right now!
    Last edited by youngatheart; 08-05-2020 at 02:48 PM.

Hmm I am waiting for this Neon / Lightbox merge. Meant to be "mid year".

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Just got a message from the courier...my Vodafone TV will arrive shortly. Can't wait to set it up...Sky will be getting a few more bob out of me this month as I add some of their bundles!
    Yeah I am considering buying the same. Fibre just been laid in my street this week and am pretty sure I will get a Vodafone TV with Sky Sport sub in the next few months. Really annoyed me paying $15 a month for mysky box when it was such outdated tech. $58 a month for sky with the replay features of the VTV look pretty good from my point of view.

Pretty happy with my SKT purchase. Up 17% so far

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by k14 View Post
    Yeah I am considering buying the same. Fibre just been laid in my street this week and am pretty sure I will get a Vodafone TV with Sky Sport sub in the next few months. Really annoyed me paying $15 a month for mysky box when it was such outdated tech. $58 a month for sky with the replay features of the VTV look pretty good from my point of view.
    my VTV box arrived today.

I have to say, I am very impressed. In 2018 I battled with the Gen1 VTV for a year as part of a broadband deal with Vodafone. It was really a Beta version of their product and it had some serious drawbacks.

So after my 12 months I handed it back, and switched ISPs.

Anyway, the Gen2 box is very good. The UI seems a lot more responsive, and having NEON, Lightbox, Netflix on the one platform is very good. The apps load fast, and each one has worked well so far.

I signed up for Starter + Entertainment + Sport. They threw in SOHO for free...so all in I am paying $83/month. Only $2.72 per day all in - I consider that great value for the amount of content I get.

If you are currently a Sky satellite customer and are paying full price (i.e. not on a special limited time deal)...and if you have fibre...I would seriously look at cancelling my Sky and switching over to Vodafone TV. It works out cheaper per month and the system is a lot more user friendly that MySky. You do not have to be a Vodafone broadband customer anymore either...you can buy the set top box standalone and stream with any ISP.

You can record, series link just like MySky...but if you forget to record something there is a 3 Day catch up feature which is fantastic. Browsing the VTV On Demand catalogue is much easier than MySky. The vast majority of content can now be recorded (when they released Gen 1 there were loads of things like History Channel etc they they did not yet have commercial arrangements with to allow recording. That seems to have been resolved now).

And no, I do not own any shares in Infratil (and therefore Vodafone NZ) before someone trolls me. I am genuinely impressed with the latest iteration of their product, and if others can save money on their Sky sub for a better platform...then I am happy to help.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 08-05-2020 at 05:55 PM. Reason: typo fix

Guru

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/new...ectid=12330421

Interesting development.

CVC Partners were on my list of potential buyers for Sky TV.

On a separate note - I also read that there has been very low uptake so far for the Government-backed business loans. Of the $6.2B available only $23M has been borrowed.

Well, Sky TV could help out with that!

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

my VTV box arrived today.

I have to say, I am very impressed. In 2018 I battled with the Gen1 VTV for a year as part of a broadband deal with Vodafone. It was really a Beta version of their product and it had some serious drawbacks.

So after my 12 months I handed it back, and switched ISPs.

Anyway, the Gen2 box is very good. The UI seems a lot more responsive, and having NEON, Lightbox, Netflix on the one platform is very good. The apps load fast, and each one has worked well so far.

I signed up for Starter + Entertainment + Sport. They threw in SOHO for free...so all in I am paying $83/month. Only $2.72 per day all in - I consider that great value for the amount of content I get.

If you are currently a Sky satellite customer and are paying full price (i.e. not on a special limited time deal)...and if you have fibre...I would seriously look at cancelling my Sky and switching over to Vodafone TV. It works out cheaper per month and the system is a lot more user friendly that MySky. You do not have to be a Vodafone broadband customer anymore either...you can buy the set top box standalone and stream with any ISP.

You can record, series link just like MySky...but if you forget to record something there is a 3 Day catch up feature which is fantastic. Browsing the VTV On Demand catalogue is much easier than MySky. The vast majority of content can now be recorded (when they released Gen 1 there were loads of things like History Channel etc they they did not yet have commercial arrangements with to allow recording. That seems to have been resolved now).

And no, I do not own any shares in Infratil (and therefore Vodafone NZ) before someone trolls me. I am genuinely impressed with the latest iteration of their product, and if others can save money on their Sky sub for a better platform...then I am happy to help.
    Hey thanks for the info on VTV..
    Have looked a couple of times in the past but not too closely.. Just on the recording and storing of programs.. It says you get 500hrs of cloud storage but do you know how long the recordings actually stay before being deleted?
    Cheers

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post
    Hey thanks for the info on VTV..
    Have looked a couple of times in the past but not too closely.. Just on the recording and storing of programs.. It says you get 500hrs of cloud storage but do you know how long the recordings actually stay before being deleted?
    Cheers
    I believe the recordings stay indefinitely (so long as sky or TVNZ etc hold the contracts to show the content).

Your recordings only start dropping off once you hit max capacity - 500 hours. So there is no time limit as such whereby content you have recorded is removed.

Also meant to say that the new VTV has a very good visual fast forward. Works fantastically well. The gen1 box did not have this and it was damn frustrating. You had to guess how long the ads might be and then stop and then have to rewind a bit if you overshot it etc. Was a big drawback at the time compared to MySky - but that’s all sorted now.

VTV also supports 4K now - gen1 was only HD. So if you subscribe to Netflix 4K plan you are still covered.

It’s one of the cheapest set top boxes you can purchase on the market, is incredibly user friendly - and much more suited to the NZ market given it houses all the apps most people use AND has the Sky TV component. The more Sky TV content you subscribe to, the more powerful the TV Guide feature becomes.

It further highlights to me why Martin ditched the infinite video platform. Why bother making that kind of investment when one of your close commercial partners has nailed it with their offering?
    Last edited by mistaTea; 09-05-2020 at 02:05 PM. Reason: typo fixes

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/new...ectid=12330421

Interesting development.

CVC Partners were on my list of potential buyers for Sky TV.

On a separate note - I also read that there has been very low uptake so far for the Government-backed business loans. Of the $6.2B available only $23M has been borrowed.

Well, Sky TV could help out with that!
    That may explain the increase in volume and a slight rise in the SP on Friday.

Foxtel loses customers during COVID-19

On March 31, it had 408,000 paying subscribers to its Kayo Sports streaming service.
    By May 2, with all major sports shut down, that number had shrunk to just 272,000.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-...ction=business
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Foxtel loses customers during COVID-19

On March 31, it had 408,000 paying subscribers to its Kayo Sports streaming service.
    By May 2, with all major sports shut down, that number had shrunk to just 272,000.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-...ction=business
    No real surprise there. Same kind of thing will have happened to Sky Sport NOW.

If you subscribe to a single purpose platform - sport in this case - yet there is no live sport, of course you will cancel.

But those subscribers will come back as things start to pick up again.

Sky didn’t have that many sky sport now subs though so the affect won’t be as dramatic. Most sports subs are satellite - and I think Sky has been able to keep the majority of those paying their sport subs by giving free movies etc for a few months.