sharetrader
Page 226 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1261762162222232242252262272282292302362763267261226 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 14175

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    Ouch, who did the numbers on this one. 12 cent raising when the share price is 33 cents? They could have raised at 20 cents and it would have made more sense. 12 cents is a guarantee way to ripe out the hearts of current shareholders just to pay debt with no added value.
    Both the tiny size of the institutional placement and the vast discount to the current share price are very clear signals there was almost no institutional support for this. It really looks like desperation on SKY's part and a very loud institutional vote of no confidence in management. Current shareholders are being treated as sacrificial lambs.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Here I was analysing sky the other day and wondering if they’d need to raise capital to help pay off the maturing bonds..

To be fair I think 17c might yet a great yield on a short to medium term trade on sky . Still NPAT positive

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Both the tiny size of the institutional placement and the vast discount to the current share price are very clear signals there was almost no institutional support for this. It really looks like desperation on SKY's part and a very loud institutional vote of no confidence in management. Current shareholders are being treated as sacrificial lambs.
    Sacrificial lambs only if they do not participate in the capital raising.

There will be a lot of punters however who jumped on the bandwagon in the last few weeks however who are going to regret jumping onboard - the fare just went up dramatically!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    Here I was analysing sky the other day and wondering if they’d need to raise capital to help pay off the maturing bonds..

To be fair I think 17c might yet a great yield on a short to medium term trade on sky . Still NPAT positive
    For a sunset company with NZ rugby as its only point of difference? Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    For a sunset company with NZ rugby as its only point of difference? Pass.
    I don’t hold but I feel like it’ll be a decent short term trade . Rough though didn’t a director say the shares were ridiculously undervalued at 0.70c a while ago . Amazing how 15c seemed reasonable to him lol

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Sacrificial lambs only if they do not participate in the capital raising.

There will be a lot of punters however who jumped on the bandwagon in the last few weeks however who are going to regret jumping onboard - the fare just went up dramatically!
    Plenty will be happy to triple down thinking 12 cents is a screaming bargain. What could possibly go wrong at that price, you can't lose
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Plenty will be happy to triple down thinking 12 cents is a screaming bargain. What could possibly go wrong at that price, you can't lose
    You might be right though ...you never know

But I think it’s best to try to read between the lines and work out what all this means.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I own 61000 shares, does this mean at 2.83/1 I can get 172630 new shares for 12c = $20715.60c

Add to what my existing worth is ($20130) so $40845.60/233630 = $0.174c per share in theory after the new raising.

Is this correct?

At what point do they decide to privatise? Is that was this 'equity raise' is about?
    If this pushes the SP down to $0.20 (for arguments sake) the cap is only $87M, and they're still expecting net profit of $20-25M....

On a positive note, I like the new plan to sell broadband.

Now I'll be able to pay Sky TV for the internet I use, to access torrent sites with, in order to avoid Sky TV.
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----