sharetrader
Page 24 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834741245241024 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    But then you come to NZ and are opposed by this foreign thing called "data cap". NZ must be the only developed country to even have something this archaic and bizarre?
    While we like to think we are alone in implementing data caps - and remember, it's the media that keeping pumping this issue -we are not infact alone. Many providers in the Canada, the USA and the UK apply data caps, or at the very least place a "fair use" policy on their broadband connections. Fair use ends up being an arbitrary non-disclosed data cap.

There are also arguments brewing around 'net neutrality', which boils down to carriers wanting permission to prioritise traffic are charges fees for doing so.

Guru

This author thinks the writing is on the wall....

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...-may-be-coming

I disconnected my Sky Sports last week. It was purely a reaction to losing the EPL.

To my surprise, they did not ask why I was disconnecting or even encourage me to stay. Is this monopoly being a bit complacent? I would have thought they would want to monitor reasons for leaving.

I gave up on them when they dumped moto gp, Now watching on the internet .

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up Moto GP moves to free to view

Stuff Headline: Another sport gone from Sky

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    They going to have big competition for movies too. Netflix are soon to be available to NZ without having to go through a virtual proxy. Many of us use them already , but once they begin advertising etc many will give up on sky altogether , programmes become available much quicker than they appear on sky and for less cost
    Funny how Murdoch sold out of Sky late last year and now the landscape definitely looks to be changing - shrewd that guy is....

Veteran novice

I guess we should all take note of what Murdoch does. If anyone should know the media scene, he should!

Advanced Member

They must be feeling some pain. The deal offered to me this week,
    Basic + sport + movies $46.92 per month
    12 month contract
    Can stop after 6 months.
    This is a big change in price, as well as that can stop after 6 month.
    Yes...I went for it.

Cheers
    RTM

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I really hate sky. Inching up the premiums with the excuse of adding additional channels which I don't really want at all. Roll on our new ultra fast internet access !

I've subscribed to Satellite Direct and with a bit of effort can watch most things I want to. Kinda of interesting having Shaun Fitzpatrick and Michael Lynagh doing the half time comments on the suoer 15 rugby matches. It aint perfect....but it gives me most things I want without absolutely needing Sky.

Its also made me more sociable....if I really want to watch something on Sky, we go out and see friends or a bar.

Cheers
    RTM

http://www.digitalsatellite.tv/mac/w.../download.html

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post

Highly recommend anyone interested to take a look so you can see the direction sports viewing is moving to in NZ.

www.nfl.com is the home page
    OR
    https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secur...page.GP.GP_Nav (there's a pre-season game on live today from 12:00 or you can go on there anytime to check out a game on demand!
    Big thank you turmeric.... I would not have known otherwise. Quite like my NFL. Just wondering why they are offering it free to kiwi's?
    Sky is going to die a slow death if they do not quickly change the way they operate.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Big thank you turmeric.... I would not have known otherwise. Quite like my NFL. Just wondering why they are offering it free to kiwi's?
    Sky is going to die a slow death if they do not quickly change the way they operate.
    So what is the answer for SKT?

Or is it really just that their business model has been overtaken by advances in net technology - and that they might as well recognise that and prepare for an eventual demise?

Disc: Not interested in NFL but regret the loss of EPL on Sky.