sharetrader
Page 242 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1421922322382392402412422432442452462522923427421242 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 14173
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Send them another email asking if institutional investors have already used up (or been offered) their 20% over subscription entitlement as part of the institutional entitlement offer.

In other words, if there is a shortfall with the retail entitlement, will retail investors who elected to subscribe for an additional 20% effectively obtain the balance from other retail investors. Or will any short fall of the retail entitlement be allocated between both institutional and retail investors combined.

There is a difference, as there's only $38m available. Likely won't be many scraps left over.
    I say cut out the middle man and hit them up with any questions you have directly. They tend to reply promptly, and their response may generate more questions from you, so might be easier to have a direct line of communication with them.

Investorrelations@sky.co.nz

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    I say cut out the middle man
    That's what NBC Universal (Comcast) needs to do. Buy Mediaworks and Sky TV and distribute content direct to NZ.

Guru

That's what NBC Universal (Comcast) needs to do. Buy Mediaworks and Sky TV and distribute content direct to NZ.
    Yep, but no takeovers have been forthcoming so far (much to my surprise) so the likes of NBC don’t see the value perhaps?

If they were going to make a move as you suggest, they wouldn’t want to thumb suck too long. When Sky start to grab a meaningful portion of the broadband market, the takeover price will increase significantly.

Guru

I imagine all of the ‘new’ Investors coming in @12c would be very keen for a takeover within a few months.

If the shares trade 20c+ after the CR is done, then a premium for control would be 30c+ surely.

Not bad if you can damn near triple your money in short order.

Advanced Member

Yep, but no takeovers have been forthcoming so far (much to my surprise) so the likes of NBC don’t see the value perhaps?

If they were going to make a move as you suggest, they wouldn’t want to thumb suck too long. When Sky start to grab a meaningful portion of the broadband market, the takeover price will increase significantly.
    Rumor has it that a sale of Mediaworks TV assets is close to being done, hence why no redundancies were made in the recent restructure.

Will the buyer be an Australian based company, ie SevenWest, Nine, or an American media conglomerate ie Comcast, AT&T, Newcorp, Discovery.

With a strong USD you can pick up overseas assets for a lot less. The larger the company the more efficient the costs are, more vertical integration.

Advanced Member

I imagine all of the ‘new’ Investors coming in @12c would be very keen for a takeover within a few months.

If the shares trade 20c+ after the CR is done, then a premium for control would be 30c+ surely.

Not bad if you can damn near triple your money in short order.
    That's what I suspect the plan is by Goldman and their mates.

Exchange the debt (bonds and bank facility) for equity at the expensive of retail holders. Then sell the equity at a premium to a North American media conglomerate.

Sky share price down over 80% since Martin has taken over as CEO. He doesn't care about shareholders at all. The dividend payments should have been retained, even if it was as low as 4c/share. Sky is the definition of a penny stock now. Almost makes you want to say, "bring back John Fellet."

Guru

That's what I suspect the plan is by Goldman and their mates.

Exchange the debt (bonds and bank facility) for equity at the expensive of retail holders. Then sell the equity at a premium to a North American media conglomerate.
    Yeah, and I expect Black Crane will have taken their maximum possible entitlement too with a view to influencing the company in such a way that a deal can be done in reasonably short order. If NZR and RP weren't able to take their full entitlement, I am sure BC would have been happy to help them out!

Sky cutting damn near $100M in costs to become a leaner machine, one now with lower and more manageable debt will make it easier for the likes of BC to extract maximum $ from their holding.

I see a bunch of people in Sky Sport are getting the sack. OSB will no doubt be given the flick soon too.

Yeah, and I expect Black Crane will have taken their maximum possible entitlement too with a view to influencing the company in such a way that a deal can be done in reasonably short order. If NZR and RP weren't able to take their full entitlement, I am sure BC would have been happy to help them out!

Sky cutting damn near $100M in costs to become a leaner machine, one now with lower and more manageable debt will make it easier for the likes of BC to extract maximum $ from their holding.

I see a bunch of people in Sky Sport are getting the sack. OSB will no doubt be given the flick soon too.
    That’s the thing . It might at one point be worth considering as a value proposition

Where did you see this?