sharetrader
Page 258 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1582082482542552562572582592602612622683083587581258 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 14173
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    I see the Vanguard Group has a 5% holding in SKY, if that is not an endorsement for SKY I don't know what is !
    This is big news. Similar to the KMD Norges Bank announcement.

Only a few more days until the retail entitlement closes. Once the supply from this is extinguished, the only option will be to buy on market.

Still poor retail holders selling to raise cash at the last minute and shorters still playing with the stock looking for a quick buck. Volume should drop and stabilize soon.

Look for more SSH over the coming weeks as all the new stock finds a new long term home. Squeeze will start and the stock price will then slowly grind higher. Everyone will look back and be shocked at how cheap the stock was back now.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Black Crane took up their quota plus a bit more

Wonder if this is playing out as they intended

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...224/323925.pdf
    Interesting eh, there's literally one billion more shares on issue since their last disclosure, they probably didn't have a choice, or the choice was take-up or be diluted into oblivion.

Gone for 120% on 3 separate accounts. .... fingers and toes XD!

Has anyone done the credit transfer to computershare. I can't seem to find Computershare Investor Services Limited on my banks company search. I can manually enter the details... Just want to double check before sending money through..

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    The answer is in their name... Black Crane Opportunities Fund
    By my reckoning they have purchased a total of 89,496,785 shares for a total consideration of $15,903,083.85 (which works out to be 18c/share).

Not bad at all, and well played.

To 'move the needle' for these guys, I imagine they see the potential for a 3 bagger maybe (which actually happens to be close enough to the 55c 12 month estimate Fat Prophets have given, for what it's worth).

Advanced Member

Discovery Inc rumored to be buying Mediaworks (TV3)

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12337467

Will they make a play for Sky or pull the Discovery Channel?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Discovery Inc rumored to be buying Mediaworks (TV3)

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12337467

Will they make a play for Sky or pull the Discovery Channel?
    Very interesting. For a large international player entering the small NZ market - one would be excused for thinking that it would make much more sense to grab MediaWorks and Sky TV. It would put the likes of Discovery in a very strong position, plus would be beneficial to the struggling media sector.

Let's wait and see. If that is the end goal, perhaps they are waiting to fully wrap up MediaWorks before making the Sky TV play. If they already owned Mediaworks, it would put them in the drivers seat to take over Sky (i.e. it might discourage competing bids).

I wonder what they will pay to buy MediaWorks.

If I get what I applied for I'll be happy

Applied for the rights offer via sharesies today. As 2pm today, was the final cut off time.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    By my reckoning they have purchased a total of 89,496,785 shares for a total consideration of $15,903,083.85 (which works out to be 18c/share).....
    To 'move the needle' for these guys, I imagine they see the potential for a 3 bagger maybe (which actually happens to be close enough to the 55c 12 month estimate Fat Prophets have given, for what it's worth).
    Been reading this thread for some time and have added SKT to my portfolio this week. Their business model has issues, however all this could change v quickly with either a takeover or strategic alliance. Little downside risk and considerable upside potential IMHO. Thanks all for your contributions.