sharetrader
Page 267 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1672172572632642652662672682692702712773173677671267 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 14173

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    If they get in early they could probably pick SKY up for 25-30 cents....
    Pre-covid Sky was trading at market cap equivalent~38 cents. So i would say a 30-40% premium on that would be required, which is about 49-54 cents/share.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    That's less than ASB intrinsic valuation.

I think what's happening is that Infratil is trying to act quickly and take over Sky before the American Giants (Comcast, Discovery) have a chance to mobilize.

The "quick vs the big."
    Yeah and if they want to wrap it up quick it would need to be a strong offer - a no brainer for shareholders to accept.

If they low ball it then it could backfire.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 09-06-2020 at 03:06 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    Pre-covid Sky was trading at market cap equivalent~38 cents. So i would say a 30-40% premium on that would be required, which is about 49-54 cents/share.
    Well if the offer is anywhere near 49 cents, if one comes, I will be taking it balls and all and saying thank you.

MT fair enough on the no brainer. But plenty of weak holders on the register now so after this rights issue its a heck of a lot easier for a potential purchaser.
    Last edited by blackcap; 09-06-2020 at 03:08 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Well if the offer is anywhere near 49 cents, if one comes, I will be taking it balls and all and saying thank you.
    Oh yes, I would sh1t myself if it went to 50c.

I’d be in there - balls deep.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 09-06-2020 at 03:10 PM.

Guru

Infratil could be going halves on buying Sky with Brookfield like they did with Vodafone.

In which case the ~$500M capital raise would more than cover their 50% share.

Also would make it easier to merge Vodafone and sky to make more operating savings etc if IFT and Brookfield own the same percentages of both companies?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Infratil could be going halves on buying Sky with Brookfield like they did with Vodafone.
    Bingo!

Take over imminent.

dyor

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Oh yes, I would sh1t myself if it went to 50c.

I’d be in there - balls deep.
    A penny stock in the ASX called "splitit" has the same marketcap as Sky TV. The only difference is that revenue for Splitit is US$1.65 million. That's right million not billion...So 50 cents/share is still good value for the 'right' deep pocketed buyer. The only issue is sentiment is so bearish for the media industry.

When is the big pay day then?

You guys told the sharesies guys all this ....that’ll give share price a good lift
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    A penny stock in the ASX called "splitit" has the same marketcap as Sky TV. The only difference is that revenue for Splitit is US$1.65 million. That's right million not billion...So 50 cents/share is still good value for the 'right' deep pocketed buyer. The only issue is sentiment is so bearish for the media industry.
    yeah BNPL stocks have all been pumped up especially since the tencent investment in AfterPay and even before that. I wouldn't really compare valuations, they are insanely stretched over the ASX.

The ASX is a strange one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    yeah BNPL stocks have all been pumped up especially since the tencent investment in AfterPay and even before that. I wouldn't really compare valuations, they are insanely stretched over the ASX.

The ASX is a strange one.
    Yeah but i suppose ASX has a lot more choice like Afterpay, Zip, Appen etc..Good for swing traders.