sharetrader
Page 268 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1682182582642652662672682692702712722783183687681268 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 14173
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    When is the big pay day then?
    Could be as early as tomorrow when Infratil placement is secured.

Could be after the retail entitlement is finished.

Could be after end of financial year.

Could be never.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Go on ....buy now ...never be cheaper

Delay means you miss out on the cheap ones ...or even worse if a takeover offer comes tomorrow and you miss out altogether.
    I've already got SKT allocated to ~40% of my portfolio (assuming i get the full 120%). Probably missed the boat at around 15c (like Mr Director, although I don't have a spare $220k). But certainly at 20c still seems enticing.

Advanced Member

If the Infratil take over did happen tomorrow, it would be like "rubbing salt into the wounds" of existing share holders.

Imagine that, the retail entitlement closes, and then the next day a take over comes.

I wish there was a market to short all these wishful ideas... I would be seriously surprised if IFT decides to buy SKY

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    I wish there was a market to short all these wishful ideas... I would be seriously surprised if IFT decides to buy SKY
    Yeah, that's probably what all the people were thinking about with Sky UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    If the Infratil take over did happen tomorrow, it would be like "rubbing salt into the wounds" of existing share holders.

Imagine that, the retail entitlement closes, and then the next day a take over comes.
    I don't see a lot of downside even if there isn't a take over offer (which I do think could be likely).

Darcey as an independent director purchasing 1.5m at market is one of the best indicators something is afoot with this company.

With Super rugby one of the first sports (if not the first? - maybe the NRL) to have a crowd this weekend and a lust for live sport in general across the world I see value with this stock.

DISC holder

I feel the earliest will be when those new shares are allocated to retail investors.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    I feel the earliest will be when those new shares are allocated to retail investors.
    That's in about 45mins time.

Guru

Could you elaborate on your thinking here a bit more?

I would have assumed now that the retail offer has happened (all applications and payments have been made by now) then the allocation of the retail shares would still have to happen no matter what now?

So even if someone like IFT came in tomorrow and said they wanted to buy sky for $X... existing retail shareholders have have applied and paid for their news shares would not be disadvantaged because they will still get their new shares?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Could you elaborate on your thinking here a bit more?

I would have assumed now that the retail offer has happened (all applications and payments have been made by now) then the allocation of the retail shares would still have to happen no matter what now?

So even if someone like IFT came in tomorrow and said they wanted to buy sky for $X... existing retail shareholders have have applied and paid for their news shares would not be disadvantaged because they will still get their new shares?
    Correct, but only 42mins left now.