sharetrader
Page 272 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1722222622682692702712722732742752762823223727721272 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 14173

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    I think you'll be fine. Lot of people have much higher averages.

Real winners are the crooks who stole shares @ 12c.
    hey hey hey - im not a crook at my buying on market @.156 my holding is higher than 7 figures. I like Sky TV since i could buy products like the NRL for 25$ or Super Rugby individually without decoders or someone coming to my home. The offering has become better IMO same with the interface for skysport; if we dont see a takeover SKY TV is still a quality brand with upside.

Guru

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12338501

"Chief executive Marko Bogoievski said the message the company had communicated at its May 29 annual result - that the company was comfortable with its capital position - had not changed."

This is the only bit that seems suspect...I read their recent letter last week, and I was not left thinking a CR was imminent. To the contrary, the boss talked up the strong position they were in etc.

This CR seems out of the blue - and it is hard to imagine why you would quickly raise an additional $300M to build some more wind farms, or extend your server farm etc.

If it was for an acquisition (that may or may not be Sky TV) it would make more sense.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dompf View Post
    hey hey hey - im not a crook at my buying on market @.156 ...
    He isn't referring to you.

He is talking about management who did not own any shares before but were able to purchase new shares @12c as part of the institutional placement.

That, as far as I am concerned, is theft.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    He isn't referring to you.

He is talking about management who did not own any shares before but were able to purchase new shares @12c as part of the institutional placement.

That, as far as I am concerned, is theft.
    thats fair - but people are easier to read than markets - and if senior management see a gain then its a pretty big indicator for the share price.

:>

What makes everyone think that there's suddenly going to be a take over. Besides ifts capital raise

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    What makes everyone think that there's suddenly going to be a take over. Besides ifts capital raise
    Well, Ogg has called a trading halt of SKT shares tomorrow morning before opening...

But for my part, I have viewed Sky as being in 'takeover territory' for some time now.

The speculation that 'now' might be the time the takeover happens is in part because Mediaworks is in advanced discussions with unnamed players. There was recent speculation in the media that Discovery is about to lock in a deal with the TV arm of Mediaworks.

It seems reasonable to think that any player that would be interested in buying Mediaworks would also be looking at Sky. Sky TV is a much more valuable company than Mediaworks, and its share price has been in the toilet for a long time. It has almost completed a CR which has helped 'clear the decks' so far as debt is concerned. So the company should look more attractive now to a buyer.

Then IFT goes and suddenly implements its own CR - totally out of the blue given the recent letter to shareholders (29 May) gave no indication that they were strapped for cash. They just confirmed a dividend to shareholders plus a $125M performance payment to its managing company.

If they needed more cash to execute expansion projects for their existing assets then one would think this would have been raised in the letter to shareholders.

It seems that some kind of opportunity has presented itself since the letter from IFT to shareholders...and now they are quickly raising capital. Now this new opportunity may not be Sky Television. However it is not totally insane to think that it could be.

Hence the chatter today.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 09-06-2020 at 07:20 PM.

Someone with big pockets taking over sky is exactly what Sky needs. I feel like NBC has already done due diligence. It's waiting till the opening offer before putting their offer through...

If there really was chatter going on. Wouldn't the share price already be over 20. Investment companys are like vultures. Yes they have already attacked it but I would expect it to already be higher as they always have inside knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    If there really was chatter going on. Wouldn't the share price already be over 20. Investment companys are like vultures. Yes they have already attacked it but I would expect it to already be higher as they always have inside knowledge
    I mean Blair Woodbury bought some shares alongside other directors...that tells you something.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    Someone with big pockets taking over sky is exactly what Sky needs. I feel like NBC has already done due diligence. It's waiting till the opening offer before putting their offer through...
    It would be great if NBCUniversal (Comcast) entered the bidding. However, I feel like Infratil would have this all sewn up quickly (if they are smart).

It's likely Infratil are already sitting on a 4.9% stake of Sky via UBS's involvement in the the recent placement.

After they announce a take over offer, at say 22, the stock will jump and heavy trading will commence. Infratil will then be able to accumulate on market the remaining 5.1%, thus taking them up to over 10% and blocking a take over from a competitor or at the very least, making it difficult.

As much as I want Comcast to enter a bidding war, they are just too slow and incompetent and likely see NZ as a small and insignificant market. It's more likely Infratil will buy Sky, and then Comcast will buy Sky off Infratil.

What ever happens, I'm not selling my shares until I'm forced to.