sharetrader
Page 279 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1792292692752762772782792802812822832893293797791279 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 14177
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    Wonder if institutions will pump and dump
    No need to pump it because take over is coming. They're not selling either.

I fear that the take over price on Sky may not be as high as many on here are hoping.

The insiders are now buying Infratil.

Unless a White Knight comes (Comcast), then this might not be an exciting take over.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    No need to pump it because take over is coming. They're not selling either.

I fear that the take over price on Sky may not be as high as many on here are hoping.

The insiders are now buying Infratil.

Unless a White Knight comes (Comcast), then this might not be an exciting take over.
    Hey, as Dr Evil would say...I’m still hoping IFT are going to come in and offer me...ONE MILLION DOLLARS!

I was one of them. Hearing some rumours and thought I would jump in.

Wow so takeover is confirmed now eh? amazing how fast that escalated

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Hey, as Dr Evil would say...I’m still hoping IFT are going to come in and offer me...ONE MILLION DOLLARS!
    lol. Hold tight. We both know IFT want SKT. We just have to hope management don't stuff this up and throw small holders under the bus again!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    lol. Hold tight. We both know IFT want SKT. We just have to hope management don't stuff this up and throw small holders under the bus again!
    I am not sure that IFT necessarily want Sky...

It could be more that with Sky Broadband coming soon...that move would make Vodafone worth less as Sky would be a serious competitor. With over 1M existing subs to market to, and the range of compelling bundles they could offer both satellite and streaming... it would be bad news for Vodafone (and Spark for that matter).

So perhaps it is a case of buying Sky to turn a potential serious threat into an asset. Especially while Sky can be picked up for pennies on the intrinsic dollar.

From what I have heard, nothing is signed but is getting close. Don’t know the parties involved but apparently big... sorry that’s all iv got

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    I am not sure that IFT necessarily want Sky...

It could be more that with Sky Broadband coming soon...that move would make Vodafone worth less as Sky would be a serious competitor. With over 1M existing subs to market to, and the range of compelling bundles they could offer both satellite and streaming... it would be bad news for Vodafone (and Spark for that matter).

So perhaps it is a case of buying Sky to turn a potential serious threat into an asset. Especially while Sky can be picked up for pennies on the intrinsic dollar.
    It's really just a "Vodafone Merger 2.0" not a take over.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky-bobby View Post
    From what I have heard, nothing is signed but is getting close. Don’t know the parties involved but apparently big... sorry that’s all iv got
    lol. Top class gossip. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky-bobby View Post
    Lol do you work for Sky?