sharetrader
Page 285 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1852352752812822832842852862872882892953353857851285 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 14173

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    takeover tomorrow or friday lads?
    bets on tomorrow mane - lets go 0.60c
    Na most likely August with an offer price of 49-54 cents/share...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    Na most likely August with an offer price of 49-54 cents/share...
    Nah next week after the CR process is finished, but well before the SP has recovered too much...

By August the SP will already be @30c...

Gotta love these predictable after market drops

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Add $180M on to the $800M price that someone else suggested would be good for the takeover, and you nearly get to $1 billion. May throw in some more debt - say another $800M, and we are nearly at $2 BILLION. Truly astonishing figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    We would be lucky to get that price but stranger things have happened. Probably looking at around 800m on the top end...which is only US$522m...
    Totally forgot we should be pricing in US dollars... after all, all of SKY's content deals will be in US dollars. So should the take over price... AMIRIGHT or what!?

So, taking the $2B figure I calculated before, divide by 0.60c and we get $3.3B NZD. Carry the 1 and up the leverage some more (USD is cheap after all), and I think that $6 billion NZD is not totally out the question.

Thoughts?

Guru

Totally forgot we should be pricing in US dollars... after all, all of SKY's content deals will be in US dollars. So should the take over price... AMIRIGHT or what!?

So, taking the $2B figure I calculated before, divide by 0.60c and we get $3.3B NZD. Carry the 1 and up the leverage some more (USD is cheap after all), and I think that $6 billion NZD is not totally out the question.

Thoughts?
    I think that your reasoning is flawless.

The more you make your strong and perfectly valid case the more I want to kick myself for getting ready to give my business away for so damn cheap!

If you REALLY think about it... Sky is clearly a much more valuable business than Spark even. So if we had any sense we would really be expecting more than $8B!!

Advanced Member

Thoughts?

unnamed.jpg.......

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post

If you REALLY think about it... Sky is clearly a much more valuable business than Spark even. So if we had any sense we would really be expecting more than $8B!!
    SKY has 1,434,855,609 shares on issue according to NZX. It's ATH was well over $6. That's $9 Billion before you even convert it from USD to NZD and back. $8 billion is a steal mate.

Guru

SKY has 1,434,855,609 shares on issue according to NZX. It's ATH was well over $6. That's $9 Billion before you even convert it from USD to NZD and back. $8 billion is a steal mate.
    That’s what I’m saying mate - $8B represents a win-win for all parties concerned.

Advanced Member

And I am just pleased with Sky Sport Go for $25 / month !
    Highly entertaining holders, good luck.

At these prices there is very little downside if the takeover doesn't eventuate. If a takeover does happen then there is tremendous upside. More to gain than to loose at these level. That is how i see it.