sharetrader
Page 295 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1952452852912922932942952962972982993053453957951295 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 14173

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    The bidder (if there is one) does not give two hoots what your average is The past price and investors averages is irrelevant. What is relevant is looking forward. Maybe I am being too pessimistic, however it would have made more sense to launch a bid a few weeks ago when the SP was very suppressed at 30 cents with the big debt still to pay.

But you make some good arguments as to why someone may end up paying more. Time will tell.
    I have worked with Comcast, this would be an unusual transaction for them in the past, per last years investment criteria it would not fit. Things can change however I would be surprised. They have strong cashflow and plenty of opportunities in the US currently...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    I have worked with Comcast, this would be an unusual transaction for them in the past, per last years investment criteria it would not fit. Things can change however I would be surprised. They have strong cashflow and plenty of opportunities in the US currently...
    Yeah, it is tempting to think that Comcast might be interested in Sky NZ because they purchased Sky UK.

But Sky UK is a completely different business, and has much more upside potential. They operate in a market of half a billion people for one. Plus they were already a triple play provider when Comcast decided to slug it out with Fox.

Buying Sky NZ could happen because the asset is so cheap in USD and there is a strong potential for upside. But even if Sky NZ tripled in value, it wouldn't move the needle for Comcast.

Wouldn't be shocking at all if they did come in one day and make a play for Sky...but I doubt they are thinking about little old Sky NZ nearly as much as we are!!

Advanced Member

News Corporation might be interested. Might give Rupert a call.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Regardless of what tomorrow brings...it is still an important day on the calendar as we should find out how much of our allocation we ended up getting!

We also find out if you are the Avatar of Aotearoa - or just some guy sitting in his singlet and urine-stained undies in his mommy's basement!!

That last part was just a joke!! Have enjoyed the discussions immensely!

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    He has alligators biting at him from every conceivable corner! Talk is of him selling out, not buying in. 😳

Remember he sold out of SKT in 2013 for a cool $815m.

Advanced Member

Got filled at 18.3. I'm running out of pockets to fit all these Sky shares in!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    He has alligators biting at him from every conceivable corner! Talk is of him selling out, not buying in. 

Remember he sold out of SKT in 2013 for a cool $815m.
    He own's 50% of Foxtel with Telstra. $2b of debt on the books I think.

Maybe he'll buy Sky NZ and load it up the debt, then flog it back off in 5 years time on the NZX.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    For the traders, notice how SKT gets bought up on NZX each morning but gets sold down in the afternoon after ASX has opened?

Wonder how many of the 12c shares went to Australian institutions.
    Similar story today. Might top myself up later....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Not The Chosen One View Post
    Similar story today. Might top myself up later....
    Good day to be buying. Taking an expected breather alongside a down day on NZX. I have topped up at 18.2

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Good day to be buying. Taking an expected breather alongside a down day on NZX. I have topped up at 18.2
    Agree, stupidly did a market buy yesterday then got called into a meeting so couldn't cancel it when didn't fill - ended up filling at 19.3 instead of 18.3 :/ Resold at 19.3 today and re-bought at 18.4 for a few more shares and less of a - on the portfolio, may re-add if there's a big dumping from the new 12c holders when those are received