sharetrader
Page 298 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1982482882942952962972982993003013023083483987981298 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 14173
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Fellet v Stewart

Stewart arrived in Feb 2019 the SKT SP was around 90c ($1 - 80c). Lowest to date is what, 15c? 83% drop from peak.

Fellet peak price was $6.30 or so, exited at 90c. 86% drop from peak.

It took Stewart 16 months to achieve what Fellet did in 16 years.

Who's the better CEO?
    That has got to be the most ridiculous comparison I have ever heard. I like John Fellet just fine, but Jesus Christ that is ridiculous.

For the majority of John's time there was no fast internet and Sky happily ticked along as a monopoly. A comparison of this kind is not only unfair - it is asinine.

Fellet v Stewart

Stewart arrived in Feb 2019 the SKT SP was around 90c ($1 - 80c). Lowest to date is what, 15c? 83% drop from peak.

Fellet peak price was $6.30 or so, exited at 90c. 86% drop from peak.

It took Stewart 16 months to achieve what Fellet did in 16 years.

Who's the better CEO?
    Fellet peak was from $6:30 to $2odd which is around 69% drop...so actually better than Martin. Also back then there were the fat dividends. Fellet is a good businessman that ultimately didn't get his final wish with the Vodafone merger... Fellet could make anything into a cash cow...anything from the corner dairy to a big multinational.

When a boy gives you that look

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    Fellet peak was from $6:30 to $2odd which is around 69% drop...so actually better than Martin. Also back then there were the fat dividends. Fellet is a good businessman that ultimately didn't get his final wish with the Vodafone merger... Fellet could make anything into a cash cow...anything from the corner dairy to a big multinational.
    It is entirely possible to make the case that John was the 'better CEO' than Martin.

But Entrep didn't make it.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    It is entirely possible to make the case that John was the 'better CEO' than Martin.

But Entrep didn't make it.
    It's one way to make it. Shareholders should be concerned with their returns over a period of time - NOTHING else matters - global events, competition, etc.

It's clear on that basis who is ahead. Shareholders got better returns under Fellet. END

Edit: It's also highly unlikely that Fellet, someone who had guarded shareholder returns so carefully (as best he could, noting he was slow to react to OTT) over this entire career, would have allowed a CR at 12c to be required.
    Last edited by Entrep; 11-06-2020 at 05:35 PM.

Guru

Edit: It's also highly unlikely that Fellet, someone who had guarded shareholder returns so carefully (as best he could, noting he was slow to react to OTT) over this entire career, would have allowed a CR at 12c to be required.
    At least now you are pausing to think and provide a better attempt at making the case. Now we are getting somewhere.

I knew you had it in you mate!

John Fellet absolutely never would have let this happen in the way it has unfolded.

At least now you are pausing to think and provide a better attempt at making the case. Now we are getting somewhere.

I knew you had it in you mate!

John Fellet absolutely never would have let this happen in the way it has unfolded.
    Although he didn't like how many people were taking up skygo and put the price up the 100 a month I do believe. Quite a few people liked paying the 50 a month when it came out

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    Although he didn't like how many people were taking up skygo and put the price up the 100 a month I do believe. Quite a few people liked paying the 50 a month when it came out
    I think you mean FANPASS. Yes, to protect his high margin satellite base he jacked the pay as you go monthly sub to $100 a month.

That was also asinine.

Martin sorted that out and made the pricing what it should have been all along.

So maybe if I just use that single fact I can make the case that MARTIN IS THE BETTER CEO! END.

I think you mean FANPASS. Yes, to protect his high margin satellite base he jacked the pay as you go monthly sub to $100 a month.

That was also asinine.

So maybe if I just use that single fact I can make the case that MARTIN IS THE BETTER CEO! END.
    Better CEO for customer or shareholders, sir?

That was also asinine.

Key to being a good CEO is to seem like that you care about the customer but in actual fact all you are there to do is to gouge the customer, maximise profits and line the pocket of your shareholders. Martin cares about the customer but not sure about maximising shareholder pockets. One fault of John was that he was not subtle in his gouging...Every customer knew when their pants were down.