sharetrader
Page 299 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1992492892952962972982993003013023033093493997991299 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 14173
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Better CEO for customer or shareholders, sir?
    LOL.

In a competitive market place a good CEO needs to be good to their customers AND maximise shareholder wealth, given the competition. It is a difficult job.

Most of John's tenure was when Sky was a monopoly. He absolutely maximised shareholder wealth fully at the expense of the customer - he didn't even pretend not to. And he was able to do this because there was no real alternative for most people who wanted to enjoy premium TV.

If you just wanted to watch Sport in HD you had to pay $105/month if you wanted MySky as the entry package was Basic at $50 with a $10HD ticket. He could charge that and sneer as people just had to cough up.

As soon as Netflix and other competitors started taking advantage of fast internet he was absolutely f!ck3d. His subs began falling through the roof and he kept trying to gouge as much as he could to 'maximise shareholder wealth'. But it was not something that could continue in this new competitive environment.

The point I am really trying to make is that I just don't think one can cherry pick a few facts here and there to make the case that John was 'better' than Martin. Or that Martin is 'better' that John for that matter.

If Martin had the luxury of operating in a monopoly space I am sure he would have no qualms charging whatever he wanted to maximise our dividends. But he is operating in a completely different landscape to what John faced most of his career and, on balance, my opinion is that he is not doing a terrible job.

Guru

Hey Ogg,

My wife said you better be right about the takeover by Infratil tomorrow...

If not, she demands that you change your handle from Ogg to Egg.

Haha! I almost shat when she dropped that clanger!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Hey Ogg,

My wife said you better be right about the takeover by Infratil tomorrow...

If not, she demands that you change your handle from Ogg to Egg.

Haha! I almost shat when she dropped that clanger!
    Yes. My reputation is on the line tomorrow. We will find out weather I'm the real deal or just another loser spewing BS on a public stock forum.

If there is not a take over offer by close of trade tomorrow, I vouch to never to return to this thread.

Today's announcement by Vodafone that a restructure is underway is just another confirmation of my thesis. A thesis I have built up since my first entry into Sky on the 23rd of March.

I have accumulated a position of ~850,000 shares at ~15c average. The exact amount will be confirmed tomorrow when the results of the retail placement is announced.

There were multiple "markers" about the outcome of this stock. All information was publicly available and I have posted all my evidence. The unfortunately situation is that sophisticated investors were able to circumnavigate existing retail holders and take control of stock for the benefit of themselves and their firms. The stock market is "rigged" against the small investor. It takes a "Michael Burry" type commitment if you want to have a fair chance of betting them. Even then, you need a bit of luck.

I've enjoyed posting here and reading about what others have said.

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow.

I'll finish with a speech from Henry V:

"Tomorrow is St Crispin's Day"

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Yes. My reputation is on the line tomorrow. We will find out weather I'm the real deal or just another loser spewing BS on a public stock forum.

If there is not a take over offer by close of trade tomorrow, I vouch to never to return to this thread.

Today's announcement by Vodafone that a restructure is underway is just another confirmation of my thesis. A thesis I have built up since my first entry into Sky on the 23rd of March.

I have accumulated a position of ~850,000 shares at ~15c average. The exact amount will be confirmed tomorrow when the results of the retail placement is announced.

There were multiple "markers" about the outcome of this stock. All information was publicly available and I have posted all my evidence. The unfortunately situation is that sophisticated investors were able to circumnavigate existing retail holders and take control of stock for the benefit of themselves and their firms. The stock market is "rigged" against the small investor. It takes a "Michael Burry" type commitment if you want to have a fair chance of betting them. Even then, you need a bit of luck.

God I thought this was all a bit of a laugh/troll . . . If I realised the conspiracy was this serious I would have thrown more than 20k in 🤨

Guru

Hopefully it doesn't end more like this, Gilderoy:

Thanks for your work and enthusiasm here. It has been a fun and interesting ride the past few days, although I haven’t paid very close attention to this thread. Personally I don’t think a takeover is likely, but it’s certainly possible. And with the way 2020 has gone, anything is possible right now. GLTAH.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    Thanks for your work and enthusiasm here. It has been a fun and interesting ride the past few days, although I haven’t paid very close attention to this thread. Personally I don’t think a takeover is likely, but it’s certainly possible. And with the way 2020 has gone, anything is possible right now. GLTAH.
    No need for anyone to leave the forum regardless of what does or doesn’t happen tomorrow.

It has been a lively discussion and I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

Life is too short to be too serious. So let’s just take tomorrow as it comes!

Hey Ogg, even if it doesnt materialise; your insights are well thought out, i for one wouldn't think any less of your posts. Its been enjoyable to say the least the optimism in this thread.

I am still upbeat about the tired old SkyTV because of management buying in at market and live sport with a crowd - first in the world.

Given take up offers at 12c we may see some shares get sold off pretty quick for a slice of profit people that own share havent ever encountered lol.

but I do believe Sky is at a rock bottom price and im happy to see the old dog for what it is; and old monopoly player hopefully with a few more tricks in its deck.

best of luck to all we will see what the end of the week brings

Average buy in of 15 cents and even at 19 yourve made good money. Nothing to be worried about. My average pending will hopefully be about the same 15.

Guru

Ok I don't want to be alarmist here...but Ogg, I need your keen eyes.

So I searched Sky Broadband NZ again...and saw the same 'hit' come up as before. I clicked on the link and this time check what popped up...

https://www.sky.co.nz/documents/2400...ible-plans.pdf

It was a pdf instead...referring to deals with...VODAFONE!

Something is bloody going on here!