sharetrader
Page 305 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2052552953013023033043053063073083093153554058051305 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 14173

Its like this. You want to buy an Iphone xyz and you know that the price of it is decreasing every day. So why pay $1000 now when you can buy it for $800 in a year...after a certain point the price will stop going down. If we believe that this is the real bottom for sky then a takeover is a no brainier. In a corporate world you either die or get taken over. Sky is too valuable to let die.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    We just have to be patient Mr T. It wont happen like that. We just need to see if 12c is the actual floor. That's what these potential buyers will look at before they put in their bids. I would say give it till end of the year.
    Oh yes don’t get me wrong - I think it is still much more likely that someone is going to buy Sky. And you are right, it may be a case of watching the price action for a bit to see where things settle. Impossible to predict an exact timing on these things.

I believe that a sky tv that effectively executed the broadband strategy could be worth north of 50c a share easily. That’s without even going into Mobile.

So I am not actually too keen on a takeover right now due to the SP if someone is going to be able to come in and grab the company for 25c. That would be a terrible outcome for me.

Be that as it may - it is entirely possible that an opportunist may strike at any point.

Advanced Member

MistaTea, I hear you talk about bundles from time to time. Maybe I’m in a minority, but I avoid them like the COVID.
    I don’t want to be locked into say Broadband with someone...while I’m wanting to change to NefFlix. It’s bad enough with insurance where you can easily get a group discount....they come due at different times...and it’s hard to escape.

Of course that might be just me and my view of the world.

Thank you all for an entertaining week. My order has not been filled yet, was hopeful today. Maybe later on next week.
    Last edited by RTM; 12-06-2020 at 03:52 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Of course that might be just me and my view of the world.
    Yes I think it is just you.

Will go past 20c sometime next week and gap above that indef after wednesday
    - Friday Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    Will go past 20c sometime next week and gap above that indef after wednesday
    - Friday Prediction
    It will take something special to break the 20c barrier. You guys didn't push hard enough to break the resistance. Why would the share price go up in a stock that forecasts EBIDTA halving to 115m in FY21 from 267M in FY19? I mean based on intrinsic value the current share price is still cheap for a business with 115M EBIDTA. But that rate of decrease is alarming.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    It will take something special to break the 20c barrier. You guys didn't push hard enough to break the resistance. Why would the share price go up in a stock that forecasts EBIDTA halving to 115m in FY21 from 267M in FY19? I mean based on intrinsic value the current share price is still cheap for a business with 115M EBIDTA. But that rate of decrease is alarming.
    Intrinsic value wise it’s at a steep discount given its history of FCF generation even taking into consideration the worsening EBITDA. Recent acquisition means you are getting the whole package even cheaper

Stock price wasn’t going to move till after today anyway given today was the announcement of the retail offer outcome

I could be wrong obviously just a little fun prediction . This is under the assumption market direction is also upwards and no major bounce down like today next week

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Yes I think it is just you.
    Oh... good to know thank you. Definitely 25c next week then.

I was expecting to get some information from sky today regarding how many shares I received. I haven’t heard anything yet ,So is that not correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I was expecting to get some information from sky today regarding how many shares I received. I haven’t heard anything yet ,So is that not correct?
    However many you applied for given there was a surplus of leftover shares