sharetrader
Page 306 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2062562963023033043053063073083093103163564068061306 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 14173

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    Will go past 20c sometime next week and gap above that indef after wednesday
    - Friday Prediction
    Will test 12c next week as punters get their shares and lock in 20% or less gains, plus global markets cool-off.
    -Friday Prediction

Thanks. I was expecting some email confirmation though.
    Last edited by Yoda; 12-06-2020 at 05:46 PM.

I have just checked with computershare, and nothing extra added there yet.......

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I have just checked with computershare, and nothing extra added there yet.......
    Peace, Mercutio!

I think you need to go and smoke a joint. Relax.

It’s all happening. By early next week it will all show on your Computershare register correctly.

All will be well. I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Will test 12c next week as punters get their shares and lock in 20% or less gains, plus global markets cool-off.
    -Friday Prediction
    damn, hope it goes to 12c

Thanks MistaTea

No joints at hand , but a good cider. Better now. Just like to get some communication when i send 30k into space, with no acknowledgement,.........

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Yes I think it is just you.
    Not just RTM, my feeling is generally bundling is not great for the consumer. Why would I get my internet from a power company, when i could get it from an internet company? Why get my gas from a power company? Why get my internet from a satellite TV company? Fact is, internet is spark's bread and butter, no power company can compare. Vodafone cant compare because they are a mobile company. And yes, Vodafone internet on the whole is cheap and sub par. Trustpower's internet isn't great, it's literally in the name.

Even if I paid for sky I would pay for sky only, and would not touch their resold internet with a barge pole. And after all this, disclosure - I am holding, but RTM is right.

clip with fibre it’s literally doesn’t matter who you isp is

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by clip View Post
    Not just RTM,
    Ok, I stand corrected. There are two people in New Zealand that would not enjoy the discounts that come with bundling.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    clip with fibre it’s literally doesn’t matter who you isp is
    Yep, the fibre rollout has commoditised Broadband. So far as the 'quality' of the connection goes it makes no difference who your retailer is.

The only way retailers can try to differentiate themselves now is with superior customer service and...competitive sweeteners (or bundles, the term I prefer).

So provided Sky are able to deliver their product with a positive customer experience, then the bundles they are able to offer should be compelling for many New Zealanders. As has been discussed at length previously, Sky won't make very much extra profit from the Broadband component...but that is not the point of entering the market. The point is to grow the part of the business that is making money (satellite and streaming) and reduce churn.

And because Sky currently have 'something for everyone' with their range of offerings, the bundles they could potentially offer are impressive.

1. Bundles for existing satellite subs. The average Satellite sub could pay as little as $150/month for internet + Sky subs.
    2. Broadband + SkyGO standalone packages. You could have Broadband + Sky Starter for $95/month
    3. Broadband + NEON (similar to Spark + Netflix)
    4. Broadband + Sky Sport NOW

And no doubt the Marketing Department will be considering options that have not even occurred to me.